Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 12:52 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Even if you brought in Ujiri, or any other outsider, you need someone to bridge between the old era and the new era who has a first hand knowledge of the  existing players and the people in the building to feed him information.   The new GM isn't going to want to fly totally blind.      Like, "Why do Luka and KP hate each other?   Did you try this?   If so, why didn't it work?   What other things did you try?   Why did you do things this way?"   That's the role I see for Finley.   Quite honestly, I love Finley, but I don't lose a minute of sleep worryign that some other organization is going to steal Finley away with a GM offer.  He has a job in Dallas for the same reason John Paxson has a job in Chicago or Alonzo Mourning has a job in Miami and on and on and on. 

I don't think Finley is going to be the next GM, because I don't think Rick would have left if that's the case.   Mark could have just gone to Carlisle and said "Listen, you're probably upset about Donnie, but I want you to know we're just promoting Finley and keeping things status quo.   Nothing is really going to change.  In fact, you'll probably have more say in personnel matters as Finley grows into the job."   That's obviously not what Carlisle was told yesterday.   As McMahon said on The Hardline, Carlisle was probably told that they're going to bring in a new GM and "We'll just see how it goes" and Carlisle, who has probably been sending backfeelers for other jobs, decided he's going to leave on his terms instead of waiting for the axe to fall.

That is a good point regarding Finley.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by Chicagojk - 06-18-2021, 01:33 PM