Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 01:04 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Always used to feel that the MBT did Fish dirty. When they needed to leak some seedy stuff such as Avery getting into a nekked fight in SA to paint Avery in an extra bad light they would use Fish. Same whenever they let someone go and needed someone to throw dirt. 

However when it came to picks or real scoop, they would give it to Stein first.

Don't feel bad for Fish.  He grinded and grinded and worked his way to become a mouthpiece for tabloid style pieces and roster "stories" that were just pure guesses and what ifs.

Fish carved out a successful media role for himself and has made a bit of money doing it.

I've never paid attention to anything Fish says but always respect someone who finds their niche through hard work and is able to capitalize on it.  Fish isn't a Skip or Stephen A level blowhard (or financial success) by any stretch...but just like I don't listen or pay attention to them I don't fault them for creating a character and making bank off of it.

On a local scale it's like the guys at The Fan.  They don't really know anything but they create stories (really just infer and guess based on what's already out there) and fill airtime and make a bit of money doing it.  I don't listen to them but I'll never fault someone for making a living doing something they enjoy.

It's why I listen to The Ticket.  Those guys don't pretend to have any inside information or salacious details.  They relay the stories that are out there and discuss them...and yuck it up in between.  Their product has fallen off a bit but they stay true to who they are and don't pretend to be some know all, be all, end all wealth of secret information.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by MaxiThreeba - 06-18-2021, 01:23 PM