Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 12:20 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I don't comment on Mosley's ability as a coach. But if he is hired because Luka likes him, I don't know that that is such a great idea. Now, from all accounts, Luka considers Mosley a friend. When your friend is promoted to being your boss, that doesn't necessarily bode well for the relationship. If he is chosen, I will, of course, hope for the best.

I don't think the worry is that their relationship won't hold up, I think the worry is that Luka's friend won't actually be the boss - Luka will. Mosely will know how he got the job, so we shouldn't kid ourselves about him suddenly embracing the need to take a harder line on certain issues with the kid. 

This is how it starts. This is how you become the Cleveland Cavaliers. Notice that I'm NOT blaming Luka for this. I don't think he's ASKING for a coach who's his friend. I'm sure he wants a GOOD coach, but he's 22, and he might not have a complete depth of understanding yet on what that entails. I think the top of this extremely slippery slope is for the organization to start trying to imagine what will make the star happy, rather than focusing on what will make the team as great as it possibly could be. 

I don't believe 23 year old Lebron James decided to figure out how to most effectively throw his weight around and be a team-runner. I believe he was taught to be that way by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who ironically thought they were making moves to avoid an ugly situation. They didn't avoid it. They created it. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by KillerLeft - 06-18-2021, 12:56 PM