Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 11:05 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Jesus, if THAT is the real list, then Mosley should absolutely be the hire. 

But I'd take Carlisle over any three of them, combined.

Allow me to take a cautious peep on the bright side. (I know you already know all this, KL, but for the sake of discussion.)

In the case of big shakeups like this, the organization is not necessarily looking for replacements who are BETTER at their jobs than the people leaving. They're looking for someone DIFFERENT. New blood, fresh ideas, people who have seen different things, have come up along different paths, have different relationships, maybe some strengths that the previous people didn't have (along with some weaknesses, to be sure).

I'm not sure a better tactician is out there than Rick. But there actually might be a person who is a little more of a people person, relates a little better to young guys, is more of a relationship manager, and you might get 80-90% of Rick's tactical skill with some assistants. And with a new GM, you get another set of relationships, another perspective, someone with a different set of experiences in team-building. 

Of course, if you promote from within, some of that doesn't apply. (You may have a different face, but may or may not get a different approach.)

I don't comment on Mosley's ability as a coach. But if he is hired because Luka likes him, I don't know that that is such a great idea. Now, from all accounts, Luka considers Mosley a friend. When your friend is promoted to being your boss, that doesn't necessarily bode well for the relationship. If he is chosen, I will, of course, hope for the best.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by mavsluvr - 06-18-2021, 12:20 PM