Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 10:12 AM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Truth is, what happened is just the business of the NBA.

In all of the business of the nba, there is someone gaining ground and someone losing ground. Rarely does a transaction lead to two sides gaining ground. The team that will end up with Carlisle will get better, at least the odds of it are high. 

Cuban has a plan to find the right GM and coach with the search committee. 

Fwiw, I believe it was MacMahon who described the institutional knowledge that is leaving with Donnie. For me, Cuban hiring an outside firm to search for a GM is concerning because I’m afraid he’s still a basketball outsider, and that Donnie was his 24 year insider. I realize there is other staff with connections and knowledge, but I still see it as a major blow. - and now hiring Dirk to help in the process I think adds evidence that Cuban is lost at sea. But he’s not without help, thankfully.

But when one door closes another opens, and it’s most important who he hires, not how he finds them. So my concern is probably overblown.  

Lakers had some "dysfunction" with Pelinka + Magic just 2 years ago in shocking fashion. Wow, Lakers are a mess! They win the championship a year later. 

Very true. The Lakers are a good example of how a owner can lead with class and hire basketball people to do basketball things and make a nimble turnaround when you acquire the best player in the world. Mavs are 1 out of 2. Let’s make it 2/2 Mark! 
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by DallasBasketball - 06-18-2021, 10:48 AM