Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 05:51 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kidd fulfills all those requirements too, and he has head coaching experience. Though how Kidd left here for NYK and his general snakelike ways might be enough to already disqualify him.

Still can't help but wonder what a basketball mind like Kidd could do to help Luka become a more seasoned floor general.

Kidd proved to be a bad coach, so this is why he doesn't fill the requirements tbh.
He is the guy that most Bucks fan cite as the person who broke Giannis shot beyond repair. And overall was underwhelming everywhere since he retired, until he was just an assistant coach to a competent one (while having super team too). 
I would stay away from him. 

(06-18-2021, 05:51 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think any unestablished NBA coach would be too risky a move. Thats why I'm shying away from any assistants that have no head coaching experience and international coaches 

The best established coach available atm is non other than Rick Carlisle himself, and probably by a wide margin. 
After that, you have Mike D'Antoni ,one of our own in Terry Stotts, and the Van Gundy brothers, . Budenholzer might be available too and there are the typical names like Mark Jackson, Alvin Gentry.
Joerger is another enticing name, but he isn't a player's coach. He always had problem with his players and boss, so the worst fit possible here. He seems better as international coach tbh. 

So, tbh I am not sure I am a fan of established coaches, the market is just not filled with those. Unless we are talking about established coaches in NCAA as Calipari (wants NBA return) or Jay Wright or Scott Drew.

(06-18-2021, 05:51 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: though Obradovic certainly makes a compelling case. 

I don't to go this way, especially as someone who never been to US. 
But the team has white owner (with some irritating comments in his history), and European super star and All Star, and previous long term coach and GM were white. 
Is getting an international coach really wise if you want to attract FA? especially if we don't get a black GM/POBO? The media won't be easy on him either. Unless we are eyeing Jokic as FA, I am not sure about such choice, and I am saying that while I have been always of international coaches and always thought they are much better than those in the NBA
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by khaled1987 - 06-18-2021, 09:55 AM