Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-18-2021, 07:47 AM)omahen Wrote: I can agree there might be tensions, but I don't agree these videos prove it. They are totally normal reactions to me. Would you be happy if your teammate took the ball for the final shot from you and couldn't even shoot it in time? Or KP case - forcing a three with 8 seconds left while Mavs had time for full attack. That substitution that didn't happen is just a funny event. Or if I ask it another way - would any other team leader react differently?

These are normal reactions for sure, but the common theme in every single one of them is Luka singling out the coaching decisions that led to these plays happening. 

Every one. THATS the difference. I can't say how other stars would react mostly because those kind of reactions don't happen often out in the open like that (just shows how much Luka wants to win and his emotions), but I do know that Kobe/Lebron/Dirk usually get mad at the player making the mistake not the coach. 

These clips were just symptoms of the overall dissatisfaction Luka had with Carlisle. Cato did say that there was a growing belief in the organization that Luka had largely tuned RC out the last year and a half. Seeing these clips with that context (the later ones) it makes a lot of sense and lends credence to that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by SleepingHero - 06-18-2021, 08:02 AM