Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
I think getting a better coach than Carlisle is going to be very difficult.  But that is ok.   If you can find a guy who really communicates well and maybe carries some weight (former player?), this could be fine.   If it is a younger coach (Billups?) having a veteran staff will be extremely important.

The much more important hire is the GM/VP imo.   That is where the future of the franchise will be determined over the next few years.   He will need to work with Cuban and at times takes his suggestions, but at times push back.   Cuban will constantly bring ideas to whoever is the VP/GM.  Being able to talk to Cuban and get his message/vision across will be very important.   I feel if the choice is Finley, it is someone who Cuban is comfortable with and that is not what I want.  Finley may be really good.  I have absolutely no idea, but I am really hoping for a different direction.   I just fear with Donnie and Carlisle leaving, Mark is sort of feeling alone after a long partnership with both.   If someone from the outside is brought in, that probably means Finley is out or diminished.   Is Mark at the place where he has no one around him who he feels comfortable with?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by Chicagojk - 06-18-2021, 06:28 AM