Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-17-2021, 08:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I can't believe I'm this depressed about a stupid sports team. I haven't felt this way since the off-season after the championship.

I have hope the consulting firm Mark hired will help us end up with a good GM and a good GM will help us end up with a good coach. Sportsology has a reputation to maintain, I don't think they would take the GM search job if they thought Cuban will just disregard their advice and hire his buddy. 

I think the litmus test will be Michael Finley. I love Finley, but we need to bring in new blood after this disaster. I think if Finley is hired then that is a clue that Mark will never change and will be meddling with the team forever. Finley is the obvious "Mark Cuban choice". Already the VP of Basketball Ops. He's Mavs family. That's totally Cuban's MO, he's a "keep it in the family" type of guy.

However, if we end up with a somewhat unknown from a different organization then I think we can know for sure that Mark actually listened to some advice for once. If it's some guy you've never heard of then I think you can feel a little more optimistic about the direction of the team after this. Or obviously if we land a big name like Masai Ujiri we can celebrate as well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by sterlingmallory - 06-17-2021, 09:13 PM