Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-17-2021, 06:54 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: It feels like the new coach is going to have a tricky situation with Luka.  It certainly appears he is immature and  is not the easiest guy to coach.    We can argue all night if that is warranted and if superstars get the benefit of the doubt.   

Add to this, over the next few years every time Luka coughs Mark is going to come running and try to fix the situation.   Could be a difficult spot.  

It will be interesting to see if Rick jumps right back into coaching.  That will tell a lot.

I think Luka is one of Rick's bigger failings.  He couldn't pull his normal hard ass routine with Luka because he's just never a Luka caliber talent before.  He went from being overcontrolling to just giving away the keys to the kingdom (that submarined our KP trade as much as anything).  I think Luka would do fine with a newer school of though ex-player coach like Kidd, Kerr, Lue, etc.  Coaching Xs and Os are important, but so is relationship building to the modern player.  Luka needs to yelled at sometimes, hugged sometimes and left alone sometimes.  I don't think Rick ever understood that balancing act.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by cow - 06-17-2021, 07:00 PM