Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-17-2021, 06:33 PM)omahen Wrote: All of this will be immediately forgotten if they nail the GM. Finley is not it, imho. I don't know the guy, might be he is awesome, but he will never have the media/fan/player/agent trust he really has the power.

You're right on target with this take, and every time you write it you highlight a new detail that makes me agree even more. 

I DO know about Finley, as do many of us around here. This franchise owes him a TON. 

But THIS is a chance for Cuban to shut everyone up and help the franchise inch closer to a seat at the grownups' table. He needs to hire a SERIOUS hombre for GM and let them start being the face of the front office. Right now people in this subculture look at the Mavs like the organization is an idiot billionaire's toy, because THAT'S WHAT IT IS. You don't get 5-6 championship banners that way. Perception matters.

This is not a time, imho, to give someone a "chance" at GM or head coach. This is a time to collect PROS, and plenty of them will want to be part of Luka's era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by KillerLeft - 06-17-2021, 06:38 PM