Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-17-2021, 06:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm really learning a lot about us in this thread. 

The people who liked Donnie, Carlisle or both are upset today. The people who disliked them are happy. All of that makes sense.

What I'M upset about is how much of a clown car the organization has made itself out to be over the past 3-4 days. It just keeps getting worse. I'm pretty surprised that the "clean house" people aren't a little more apprehensive about the WAY this is happening, despite their hopes it would happen. I think that's wishful thinking to an insane level. 

Just get on twitter and count the amount of "mavs are a joke" tweets on your timeline. This is not a good day for the Mavericks, regardless of whether or not you believed it was time for a coaching change.

There is a lot of grey for me. 

I have felt for quite some time that Donnie had to go. I thought though that the Luka trade might have bought him a few more years but overall his performance has been poor. 

I griped about the RC offense the last two years but now I realize a lot of it was probably Luka just refusing to listen to anyone. RC can be abrasive and hard headed himself. However, I still think of RC as a top notch coach and genuinely look at this as a sad day if Luka is the one driving him away. 

I think Cuban can be a clown but I don’t see him as Jerry. Cuban has been gracious and always shared and even given a lion’s share of the credit to Donnie and RC over the years. Maybe he got infatuated with this Bob guy and also saw some things wrt Donnie’s performance that mandated a different approach but in the attempt to not outright hurt Donnie he went about it the wrong way and still ended up losing Donnie and RC. 

Bob.  I didn’t even know this guy existed until the last few days. Given Luka’s jabs at him I don’t believe he is here for long but not all the moves attributed to this guy are as bad as folks are making it out. Also whether he was the right guy or not, I can’t fault Cuban for looking at the front office and our total lack of assets and talent and feeling a new voice might be needed
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by hakeemfaan - 06-17-2021, 06:21 PM