Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
I'm not crying over Donnie's departure. IMO, he has rested on his laurels far too long. FA offseason strategies never seemed to work and he was caught having dinner with MC and RC a few years back when everybody got signed within a few hours of FA opening up. DAL needs a GM who can sell the team to prospects and not rely on his billionaire boss to do it for him. 

RC was part of these offseason strategies, but I don't know if he was just an advisor or actually helped with planning strategy.

Either way, it could be a breath of fresh air.

I wonder though if RC was expecting the GM job after Donnie and left when MC said "nope".
I wonder if Stotts is someone who would be considered as the HC candidate? Guess it depends on the GM.
I'm all for stealing TOR's GM. Pay him whatever since it doesn't affect the cap space.

I guess Luka's probably wondering WTF?! But Dirk went through Don Sr. to Avery to RC to hit his potential, so this isn't a terrible thing. Especially if the personnel gets improved.

Kind of a side note...It's good the timing is now when there are options for HC and GM, rather than a month from now when the top candidates have been hired by other teams.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by michaeltex - 06-17-2021, 04:37 PM