Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-17-2021, 04:13 PM)Thukydides Wrote: Well, I just think that Cuban will fail miserably replacing Donnie and Rick. Cuban´s I´m the smartest guy in the room attitude was only bearable in the last years, because he had strong characters running the show. With Rick and Donnie gone, Cuban will feel like getting more involved in everything, which never has been a good thing. 
My point is: If firing Donnie costed us Rick, then Cuban knew that beforehand. And in this case, he strongly should have considered keeping Donnie for the sake of keeping Carlisle. Coaching matters and as I said, I don´t see any coach to replace Rick appropriately right now.

I agree with your fears about Cuban.  It's always bad when you think you are the smartest guy in the room when clearly you are not.  

I also don't think these departures were one-sided or Cuban saying get out.  It was probably organizational mismanagement by Cuban and he and Donnie and he and Carlisle couldn't see eye to eye.  

Donnie's been a bad GM for ten years.  He sucked way before this dram with Bob started.  I don't think working with Cubes is easy and I don't think he shoulders any of the blame, but I don't think he deserves the position either.

Carlisle also has a laundry list of worst.  He's a great coach and deserves the respect he gets.  I still don't want him on a young and developing team.  He just has way too many personality conflicts for my taste, which turns a bad FO into something disastrous when it comes to talent acquisition and roster building.  I'm also not terribly fond of how he handled Luka.  I don't think he ever found the right balance of letting Luka be a creative genius while also teaching him the game.

In a vacuum, I love these moves.  I certainly don't love how we got to this point and I again share your concerns about being able to execute moving forward.  I just thought Luka asking out would be the tipping point, turns out it was because of a stat dork.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by cow - 06-17-2021, 04:21 PM