Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-17-2021, 04:07 PM)cow Wrote: The reasoning behind these departures were probably not well planned nor expected, but they were necessary changes.  How the MBT has operated the last decade is not good enough and would have led to Luka asking out.  That may still happen but without change, we were headed down the path of an unhappy Luka.  I don't have a lot of faith in Cuban executing and then keeping his nose out of basketball operations but this at least gives us a chance of making him for a longer term than his rookie extension.

Well, I just think that Cuban will fail miserably replacing Donnie and Rick. Cuban´s I´m the smartest guy in the room attitude was only bearable in the last years, because he had strong characters running the show. With Rick and Donnie gone, Cuban will feel like getting more involved in everything, which never has been a good thing. 
My point is: If firing Donnie costed us Rick, then Cuban knew that beforehand. And in this case, he strongly should have considered keeping Donnie for the sake of keeping Carlisle. Coaching matters and as I said, I don´t see any coach to replace Rick appropriately right now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by Thukydides - 06-17-2021, 04:13 PM