Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
Mixed about this.

The good - GM performance was bad. Like, really bad. Outside of the Luka and Brunson pick, since then, not many good decisions have been made. The team around Luka is really bad in talent and level. Its absolutely the best that could happen, to get another GM and direction. Im happy about that some changes will occur here. Surely, it can go both ways, but it was super clear, something needed to happen.

The good - RC failed to incorporate KP into the team. He got worse in fact. This falls on RC. Eventough some of this is likely on KP and his sports mentality and psychology. It has to placed on RC, for not making him fit in.

The good - This may bring the old KP back. THese are exactly the moves he need to get back in shape and in impact. He needs other players around him, and he needs another coach and system. The chances for KP getting back in star mode, just increased significantly. RC just couldnt get him to that point.

The bad - RC is still a great tactician. I dont believe we can find someone better. I may be wrong. But most likely we take a step back here big time. RC could have won us the series against Clippers. If he had anticipated the small lineup by Clippers in game 3, and have already here been prepared with the zone already at this stage, we win the series. He had the tools and opporptunity to outclass Lue and win it. He failed. That being said Clippers HC had a lot more talent and fire power, and RC made it to game 7. He was probably still the better coach in this series, so expecting him to make a masterpiece here is maybe too much to ask for. But he had the opportunity in fact.

Overall, it was clear changes needed to be made. This is probbaly more good than bad. Its mixed.

The key for this franchise is getting Luka to stay, and that the new GM brings in the right players. Coaching will get in place, once the right people are around Luka and KP.

I believe now we have a much higher chance to build the team around Luka and KP, and i think both will stay now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - by burekemde - 06-17-2021, 04:09 PM