Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs 97, Clippers 104
(06-05-2021, 03:50 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Rick commented on KP after the game.

"I love the way he's playing." 

Really? Rick went on to say how professional Kris has been about adjusting to the team strategy. It sounded more like Carlisle loves the fact that KP is no longer squawking all the time about accepting a greatly reduced role. 

Rick continued, saying that with Porzingis, it always comes down to the question of "getting him going," and whether that is the right thing for the team, considering the opponent lineup and the fact that they assign a difficult defender to him. Clearly, the implicit answer was no.

Maybe the best thing in this series is for KP to stand in the corner and not be involved in the offense. Maybe it isn't. Whatever. The team is limited in their options for Game Seven to the choices that exist today. 

But in the larger picture, when KP signed his extension, I cannot imagine that either the team or KP envisioned that his offensive role in playoff games would be to take seven shots and score seven points and get 5 rebounds, even if he does draw off a defender. That might have actually made a little sense in the situation when the defender he was drawing off was Kawhi, but now it's just a guy. 

Even if this is really the best option on the court for now, it seems like the Mavs are waving the white flag and pasting a massive "Epic Fail" label on the KP situation. The roster isn't built to withstand KP being an offensive zero. Many on the board have noted as the season went along that the Kristaps fit didn't seem to be heading in the right direction, but I didn't foresee it coming to this. 

I hope I am just over-reacting.

Excellent points here ML.  Idea 

I thought RC made extra sure to say that he was pleased with KP in both game 6 and game 7 losses. 
KP's contracts kind of means that have to live with each other to an extent right? 

I mean sure you can trade him, but you try and trade him while his usage is low and he's not playing like an Allstar what are going to get back?  I'd really try to get his play level up whether I wanted to keep him long term or not.
Like Reply
(06-07-2021, 04:36 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Excellent points here ML.  Idea 

I thought RC made extra sure to say that he was pleased with KP in both game 6 and game 7 losses. 
KP's contracts kind of means that have to live with each other to an extent right? 

I mean sure you can trade him, but you try and trade him while his usage is low and he's not playing like an Allstar what are going to get back?  I'd really try to get his play level up whether I wanted to keep him long term or not.
he cant even admit that a 7'3 guy averaging 13 and 5 is a disappointment.

this is more proof that janis porzingis is in cahoots with the mafia. hes running around dallas like omar in the wire, instilling fear in the likes of carlisle and cuban.

i miss the days when parcells would refer to cats as 'the player.'
Like Reply