Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA CHALLENGE: 2021 *Deadline changed to 3pm CST Aug 2nd
So here’s my attempt at a Mavs centric FA challenge.

Rules:
Guess the starting lineup for the first game of the 21-22 season
Guess the 10 other bench players for the first game of the 21-22 season

5 points for each bench player

Tiebreaker:
The first sub in the first game of the season or earliest entry/edit (sub guess trumps the early entry)

Deadline:
3pm CST August 2nd

You get whatever happens on draft night and all the rumors leading up to the start of FA.
If this is the new tamperathon era, we should learn a lot in these next few days!
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, fifteenth
Like Reply
Luka Lowry DFS Markkanen KP

Brunson. THJ Batum Maxi Powell Green Terry Bey Boban WCS

THJ first off the bench
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Thank you for your participation Clutch! Sorry I wasn’t more specific or maybe you’re holding off for the other 5 players. There should be 5 players for the starters guess and 10 for the bench (even if they’re two-way contracts). I updated the OP to hopefully be more specific.
Like Reply
(07-27-2021, 02:04 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Luka Lowry DFS Markkanen KP

Brunson. THJ Batum Maxi Powell

THJ first off the bench

Add in Green Terry Bey Boban WCS
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(07-27-2021, 02:50 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Add in Green Terry Bey Boban WCS
DONE!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
Doncic/Satoransky/Terry
Lowry/Green/Ntilikina
DFS/THJ
Markkanen/Maxi
Noel/Dieng/Tobey
Like Reply
Dame, Beal, Luka, Kawhi, KP. 

Don't at me when I'm 100%.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cjeter24's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
Luka Dončić |  |  | Dorian Finney-Smith | Kristaps Porzingis
Jalen Brunson |  | Josh Green | Maxi Kleber | Willie Cauley-Stein
Tyrell Terry | Trey Burke |  | Tyler Bey | Moses Brown
Like Reply
Starters:

PG Luka
SG Lowry
SF DFS
PF Batum
C KP

Bench

PG Terry
SG THJ
SF Green
PF Maxi
C Powell
Like Reply
Doncic
M.Smart
Finney-Smith
Kleber
R.Holmes

Brunson
Green
Hardaway
L.Markkanen
Powell

Terry
Hinton
Bey
Cauley-Stein
Marjanovic
Like Reply
Doncic
Hardaway
Finney-Smith
Batum
Porzingis

Dinwiddie
Shamet 
Green
Kleber
Powell

Terry
Grimes (#27)
Cancar
Bey
Boban

Hinton
Bleijenbergh (#47)
Like Reply
(07-27-2021, 11:32 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So here’s my attempt at a Mavs centric FA challenge.

Rules:
Guess the starting lineup for the first game of the 21-22 season
Guess the 10 other bench players for the first game of the 21-22 season

5 points for each bench player

Tiebreaker:
The first sub in the first game of the season or earliest entry/edit (sub guess trumps the early entry)

Deadline:
Midnight August 1st

You get whatever happens on draft night and all the rumors leading up to the start of FA.
If this is the new tamperathon era, we should learn a lot in these next few days!

No sense in posting a guess much prior to the deadline...
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 02:52 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: No sense in posting a guess much prior to the deadline...
You can edit your picks up until the deadline, so getting something out there so you can mull it over in your mind while watching the news isn't a bad idea. I'll be checking the edit timestamp to get the order of who posted first. That's why I ask that you do actually edit the post as opposed to making a new post, makes it a bit more confusing (not a huge hindrance) when going through to accumulate points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Is this a good question, or am I dumber than everyone else?

Is "midnight on August 1st" the transition from July 31st to August 1st, or is it the transition from August 1st to August 2nd? 

I think we typcially mean the night of August 1st when we say midnight on August 1st. Right?

But technically midnight on August 1st is , 12 a.m., morning, the first seconds of August 1st.
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 03:04 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is this a good question, or am I dumber than everyone else?

Is "midnight on August 1st" the transition from July 31st to August 1st, or is it the transition from August 1st to August 2nd? 

I think we typcially mean the night of August 1st when we say midnight on August 1st. Right?

But technically midnight on August 1st is , 12 a.m., morning, the first seconds of August 1st.
You're probably right. I was meaning to change that to a couple hours before FA opens on Aug 2nd anyway. You just gave me incentive to do so.
Like Reply
It hurts too much to type what I really think will happen, so I'm going to do the "sugarplums" version.

Lowry
Powell (Norman...)
Luka
DFS
Holmes

Green
Terry
Bobi
Bey
Hinton

Still have to work out what we got back in trade for Maxi, if more than air, as well as who we'll get with the rMLE. JB was used to dump DP's contract. I should probably shave off one of the '20 rooks (whoever was used to dump Burke's deal). Have to choose a vet min player and identify a draft pick we traded for (although that will be known after this evening) as well as a UDFA. 

OK, what I really think is going to happen is that we overpay Dinwiddie, re-sign THJ to a ludicrous contract, and get some stiff to replace WCS with the rMLE. KP, Maxi, DP, Brunson, and Burke all back. Worse team than last year, although the NMBT will trumpet what a coup Dinwiddie is.
Like Reply
Ugh, so many rumors! Being a very indecisive person I’m having a very hard time with this, however, being on vacation in Arizona (on my way to my brother’s cabin in the Utah mountains (Brian Head) I don’t know if I’ll get a moment to do more on this. So here goes…

Starting 5:
Luka/White/DFS/KP/Holmes

Bench:
Caruso/Sato/Green/Batum/Moses/TT/Hinton/Bey/WCS/Boban
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 12:23 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This will change, but I'll make a placeholder with MY want for the opening starting 5 and bench.

Starting 5:
Luka/Brogdon/Batum/Portis/Holmes

Bench:
McConnell/THT/DFS/Markannen/Theis/TT/Ntilikina/Bey/Hunt/Onu

That brings tears to my eyes. Too bad there's no chance. And Brogdon would be *pissed* at the Pacers for trading him into the hands of his most hated coach.
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 12:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: And Brogdon would be *pissed* at the Pacers for trading him into the hands of his most hated coach.

Decent point. Kidd probably ends any Brogdon dream for good. They were already dead, but maybe we can finally let them go.
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 12:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That brings tears to my eyes. Too bad there's no chance. And Brogdon would be *pissed* at the Pacers for trading him into the hands of his most hated coach.
Eh, Brogdon ended up my prize piece in my mind’s KP to whatever 3rd team and Brogdon/McConnell to Dal trade (again this is my mind’s NBA). That could very easily be Turner instead of Brogdon and Graham instead of Holmes.
Like Reply