Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New board at SI
(07-26-2021, 10:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Is this the time of the year where we all launch our own community boards? We will probably run out of domains within a couple of days but I am in. TradeBurkeBoard.com. Don´t even try to steal it.
I got DingDongtheDonnieisDead.com or quadDs.com on lockdown!

(07-26-2021, 11:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe it is time to start a Mavsboard twitter account. Just repost the best takes from the board.
Are you volunteering to run that?????
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 10:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Is this the time of the year where we all launch our own community boards? We will probably run out of domains within a couple of days but I am in. TradeBurkeBoard.com. Don´t even try to steal it.

TellMeHowMyDirkTastes.com is available.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ClutchDirk, MFFL
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe it is time to start a Mavsboard twitter account. Just repost the best takes from the board.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3Z1pbrt6MD.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
That position is open to run a Twitter for this board just hasn't been advertised until now...
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Are you volunteering to run that?????

After setting up some ground rules, several of us could help run it, tbh. 

That's the best and most attainable "expansion" goal I've seen so far. I think it's great.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ClutchDirk, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I got DingDongtheDonnieisDead.com or quadDs.com on lockdown!

Are you volunteering to run that?????

I don´t even have a twitter account but I don´t think it takes a genius to do it. More interesting question is if some of our posters wouldn´t prefer to publish their thoughts themself.
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: After setting up some ground rules, several of us could help run it, tbh. 

That's the best and most attainable "expansion" goal I've seen so far. I think it's great.

https://media.giphy.com/media/bKnEnd65zqxfq/giphy.gif
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: After setting up some ground rules, several of us could help run it, tbh. 

This. I could certainly help but it´s not like we are running some kind of top secret account. Just needs a few trusted members.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
I dont have twitter or know how to use it...I only know how to copy and post them...
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: This. I could certainly help but it´s not like we are running some kind of top secret account. Just needs a few trusted members.

Agree...
Like Reply
I was going to run it and only highlight my posts but twitter only allows 15 character user names so I gave up since TellMeHowMyDirk doesn't have the same ring to it.  You win this round Twitter and MavsBoard.com.
Like Reply
SamStetz is interested in helping...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:20 PM)cow Wrote: I was going to run it and only highlight my posts but twitter only allows 15 character user names so I gave up since TellMeHowMyDirk doesn't have the same ring to it.  You win this round Twitter and MavsBoard.com.
HowsMyDirkTaste isn't a good compromise? Someone already has that name?
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:05 PM)cow Wrote: TellMeHowMyDirkTastes.com is available.

How about HowsMyDirkTaste?

(07-26-2021, 11:32 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: HowsMyDirkTaste isn't a good compromise? Someone already has that name?

Dammit, that's the second time that's happened tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-26-2021, 11:32 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: HowsMyDirkTaste isn't a good compromise? Someone already has that name?

Since 2011
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • ClutchDirk, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Glad to see the community back in full swing on a better platform. I recall the yuku days and still miss Flame and Techsan. I left after some poor taste, super aggression death threat and haven't been back since. Some may recall the countdown signatures I created for the playoff runs or the ill-fated lebrontothemavs website I hosted. Smile

Regardless, keep up the good work. I'll go back to lurking occasionally.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Berknip's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 01:17 PM)Berknip Wrote: Glad to see the community back in full swing on a better platform. I recall the yuku days and still miss Flame and Techsan. I left after some poor taste, super aggression death threat and haven't been back since. Some may recall the countdown signatures I created for the playoff runs or the ill-fated lebrontothemavs website I hosted. Smile

Regardless, keep up the good work. I'll go back to lurking occasionally.

Welcome!  Speaking of LeBron, when I couldn't think of a username for signing up for the old board, that stupid "come on LeBron, put your Dallas jersey song" has been in earworm for me since I first heard it.  "Home of Jerry Jones and your favorite Cow Cows."  lol
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:10 PM)cow Wrote: Welcome!  Speaking of LeBron, when I couldn't think of a username for signing up for the old board, that stupid "come on LeBron, put your Dallas jersey song" has been in earworm for me since I first heard it.  "Home of Jerry Jones and your favorite Cow Cows."  lol

Yeah that was pretty catchy and we had a good time pulling that together. Shaun Dodge did most of the website work while I think he was still working at ESPN Radio 103.3 along with Ben Rogers. I archived the assets before taking down the site and still have all of that somewhere...
Like Reply
I loved that song personally
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:24 PM)Berknip Wrote: Yeah that was pretty catchy and we had a good time pulling that together. Shaun Dodge did most of the website work while I think he was still working at ESPN Radio 103.3 along with Ben Rogers. I archived the assets before taking down the site and still have all of that somewhere...

That was you?  Kudos.  I still sing it in the shower from time to time.
Like Reply