Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-26-2021, 08:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: RE: Did Cuban have a plan?

I have clearly stated that I do NOT believe Cuban knew RC was gone (though he must have known it could have been fall out from all this), but knew Donnie was gone. There is no way Cuban would let Donnie know months in advance and make him a lame duck in the organization. He hired a firm in advance so he wouldn't have a huge lag time between Donnie's exit and the new guy. RC leaving was a result of Cuban leveling with him about the changes at the top. I bet it both surprised and did NOT surprise Cuban that RC left. 

If the only "evidence" that Cuban wasn't working ahead of time to replace Donnie is that Donnie had a scheduled trip, then I 100% don't buy that. I have known TONS of employees who had scheduled trips at the time of their firing. I will need some other sort of evidence.

The scheduled trip is factual evidence. Speculations about the potential early hiring of a firm aren´t. I really don´t get how you can take everything Cato and McMahon reported as factual as long as it pushes the anti RC/Donnie agenda but completly ignore everything else.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1408821627006205961
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
All these guys coming back to get their 2nd, 3rd and 4th rings.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 11:21 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Be prepared for Dame

I’m trying to prepare, but I don’t really know what to do. Think up new nicknames perhaps? If he joins the Mavs, he would then be “Our” Dame. Or in the Latin, Notre Dame.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 08:50 AM)Kammrath Wrote: No. But no evidence or reason to believe he was liked and respected by players around the league. A combination of a "meh" GM like Donnie and a coach that had a horrible reputation with players is not a good combo for getting free agents into town.

I don't know. Some of the most spectacular failures in free agency were in the years closely following the title season, when Donnie was fresh off having constructed a championship roster. 

We'll probably never know for sure. At any rate, we should soon see if things start looking up in the FA department.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 10:44 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I really don´t get how you can take everything Cato and McMahon reported as factual as long as it pushes the anti RC/Donnie agenda but completly ignore everything else

That's not even remotely true. 

All Cato said was that many in the league assumed Forde was a PR stunt. That's it. Please show me something from Cato that I might have missed that directly conflicts with what I am assuming happened. Nothing points to Donnie being relieved of his duties as being a sudden decision from Cuban. In fact all the reporting I have seen (including Cato) point to the fact that this stuff/dysfunction had been brewing for months if not years. 

P.S. The reason I am assuming a longer timeline is because that is by far the most logical and simple explanation of what we have seen. Nothing really points to Cuban being "caught with his pants down" on this. As if somehow Cuban learned of what we all learned from Cato in the last few weeks.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 10:44 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The scheduled trip is factual evidence.

Have you ever known someone to get fired who had business scheduled? I have seen this ALL the time. Have you not seen this?
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 10:44 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: completly ignore everything else

Can you please offer me the info I am completely ignoring? I would appreciate knowing what I have missed. Thanks.
Like Reply
This is Palestine vs. Israel, my dudes. 

We'll never, ever agree. 

I'm abstaining, starting now.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 02:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: We'll never, ever agree. 

I'm abstaining, starting now.

As time passes, we might get some clearer answers. 

BUT I am 100% with you, that "it is what it is" and so its time for us to move forward into this new season.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 02:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: That's not even remotely true. 

All Cato said was that many in the league assumed Forde was a PR stunt. That's it. Please show me something from Cato that I might have missed that directly conflicts with what I am assuming happened. Nothing points to Donnie being relieved of his duties as being a sudden decision from Cuban. In fact all the reporting I have seen (including Cato) point to the fact that this stuff/dysfunction had been brewing for months if not years. 

P.S. The reason I am assuming a longer timeline is because that is by far the most logical and simple explanation of what we have seen. Nothing really points to Cuban being "caught with his pants down" on this. As if somehow Cuban learned of what we all learned from Cato in the last few weeks.

And all you are doing is making even more "assumptions". Maybe try to voice it as an opinion. Not the most logical and simple explanation. It´s still the same thing that noticed after the news first came in. Different posters read the same article. Come to completly different conclusions. You focused on the Donnie/RC angle. Others focused on Cuban´s and Bob´s role. Nothing that was revealed in the last couple of days changed that. Same people (including me) making the same cases.

I don´t see anything that could prove a longer timeline and early hiring of Fords. I don´t see anything that could prove the opposité. You don´t have any factual evidence but for some reason it is the only possible explanation? Sorry. Cannot agree with that logic.

I am making my case based on Cuban´s reaction and the few things we know about Donnie´s and RC´s schedule. He attacked Cato and rallied his remaining allies (Dirk, Finley). If Cuban planned all of this all along he is the worst PR guy ever. Mind you that is only my read of the situation.

I just don´t like the posting style that presents assumptions and opinions as the only logical option or facts. I tend to do it myself when I am really invested into a topic but it creates a lot of friction.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 03:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: And all you are doing is making even more "assumptions". Maybe try to voice it as an opinion.

Right! I said "I am assuming" (multiple times).... I am clearly using language that says I am working in the realm of assumption and opinion. 

I am just trying to understand the gaps as best possible with the information we have. I THINK (my opinion!) that the longer timeline is the best and most logical explanation of the info we have. If you have other info (since you claimed I was "completely ignoring" stuff), then PLEASE share and please identify the gaps in my logic and info.
Like Reply
[Image: TASTES-GREAT-LESS-FILLING.gif]
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 03:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Right! I said "I am assuming" (multiple times).... I am clearly using language that says I am working in the realm of assumption and opinion. 

I am just trying to understand the gaps as best possible with the information we have. I THINK (my opinion!) that the longer timeline is the best and most logical explanation of the info we have. If you have other info (since you claimed I was "completely ignoring" stuff), then PLEASE share and please identify the gaps in my logic and info.

Already did but you dismissed it. Look. Maybe I am the only that feels this way but a phrase like "The reason I am assuming a longer timeline is because that is by far the most logical and simple explanation of what we have seen" comes across as an assumption that is backed up with an opinion turned fact.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 04:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Already did but you dismissed it.

What did I dismiss?
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 04:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe I am the only that feels this way

I could have added a "to me" in there to be more clear. I used the language of "assuming" up front to try to highlight that I am doing guesswork here. Sorry if that annoyed you.
Like Reply
[Image: DPVJt6Z.gif]
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 04:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: What did I dismiss?

Schedule, Cuban's reaction, RC leaving. 
Side note. I will Stop right here. Well...At least for a few hours. No clue how some of you manage to write longer posts on the phone.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 04:29 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Schedule, Cuban's reaction, RC leaving. 

1) Schedule: I didn't dismiss this. I 100% believe Donnie was scheduled to be somewhere. However, I have tons of real world experience with people being fired and losing their job despite having things scheduled. So I do not see this information as giving us any helpful clue as to how long Cuban knew he was moving on from Donnie. No employer I know that is making plans to move on from a worker just suddenly stops having them do stuff until things are final. 

2) Cuban's reaction: I haven't dismissed this. Cuban reacted to Cato's initial article with "Total Bullshit." I do not see how this means that Cuban was caught off guard by what was going on OR that he suddenly decided to fire Donnie out of the blue. To me Cuban's reaction was to the framing of the article and that Cato's article wasn't the whole story. 

3) RC leaving: I haven't dismissed this. As I have stated elsewhere, RC leaving was either out of loyalty to Donnie OR because the writing was on the wall that the new replacement was going to have say/power over a new coach OR loss of power. Certainly whenever Cuban decided to move on from Donnie, he knew that RC might be next. In fact, we heard in Cato's report that many within the organization had expected RC to be gone after the season and were surprised by Cuban giving a statement of support for him.
Like Reply
Two possibilities come to mind (though there may be others):

1. Ford was the PR move and the Dirk/Finley/others committee did the real decisionmaking.

2. Ford was already doing work and the Dirk/Finley/others committee was the PR move.

The committee thing smells more like a PR move to me. But certainly I don’t know. Cato’s stuff seems to suggest “league sources” think otherwise. And I really liked him with Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther movies.
Like Reply