Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt RAPTOR & 9.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Clippers
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 6: LAC (4-2) @ DAL (2-4) | 97-111 loss
Well done, Mavs. Successful campaign all things considered. Time for players to heal up and add to the tool box, time for coaches and front office to improve theroster.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:14 PM)Hypermav Wrote: 38 9 9 and has the best 3pt percentage again.  His team let him down.

Thats the reality of our team. THJ, Maxi, DFS are not good shooters. I don't care what the % shows. With the amount of wide open looks they get to shoot, they should be much better than they are.

Seth is pretty much the only good shooter we have with KP being out. Thats why he never gets clean looks. They are never going to help off of him. We desperately need to get 1 more elite shooter and KP back healthy. Run it back with KP +1 shooter and you can beat anyone in 2021.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SaadYousuf126/status...17120?s=20
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:10 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:04 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's it. I'm out on RC - and I'm out on Donnie if he doesn't either replace him or force him to accept top shelf defensive assistants who are paid like head coaches.
I've been out on RC for at least five years now.  Would love to get Stan van Gundy.  I love his observations while commenting on the bubble games.  He seems to have a much greater insight on what players need to do in game situations.

Big no on SVG. He set Detroit back 5 years, with his poor drafting and trades. He's a better analyst than a coach.
Was SVG in charge of draft picks and trades?
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:25 PM)Jym Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:22 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I want Rick to stay, plus he will be here anyway...

https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status...12258?s=20

Baffled people can look at the talent disparity and blame him here

Da fuq? Rick's part of the MBT, and Mark and Donnie look for players who fit their idea of what his system is.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:22 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I want Rick to stay, plus he will be here anyway...

For me, it's about the fundamentals.  Even when outclassed, talent wise, there's still no excuse for neglecting the fundamentals.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:29 PM)mtrot Wrote: Was SVG in charge of draft picks and trades?

Yes
Like Reply
Rick and Donnie aren't going anywhere. Donnie put together Luka and KP, Rick just helped an injury riddled team give the Clips a real series and has Luka on the right trajectory. Changing coach and GM would be insaninty. Fortunately our front office isn't operating like it's run by message board these days. Although, message board knew better than Plan Powder. :-)

Mark seems to be doing better these days though.
Like Reply
Mavs put up best fight they could. Too bad shots didn't go in in the second and third. But reality is, Clippers are just better at this point. Kawhi is automatic 30-35 ppg. Difference is, every single one of Clippers playing can hit 15 on a given night. If they are open, they score. Let's see what Mavs do in the summer.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:34 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Mark seems to be doing better these days though.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:32 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Da fuq? Rick's part of the MBT, and Mark and Donnie look for players who fit their idea of what his system is.

Maybe we should cut Rick and Mark out of that process and let Donnie build a team how he wants
Like Reply
Delon Wright DNP
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:34 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Rick and Donnie aren't going anywhere. Donnie put together Luka and KP, Rick just helped an injury riddled team give the Clips a real series and has Luka on the right trajectory.  Changing coach and GM would be insaninty. Fortunately our front office isn't operating like it's run by message board these days. Although, message board knew better than Plan Powder. :-)

Mark seems to be doing better these days though.

Plan Powder needs a sticky thread. Once or twice a year I still feel the need to go on a rant about wasted opportunities. Smile
Like Reply
Luka when asked about Marcus Morris: "Terrible from him. Two games in a row ... Than the first game ... I don't wanna deal with this kind of players."
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:49 PM)Jannemann2 Wrote: Luka when asked about Marcus Morris: "Terrible from him. Two games in a row ... Than the first game ... I don't wanna deal with this kind of players."
Slovenia just declared war on Morris.
Like Reply
Luka was also asked, when does he think the team will be a playoff caliber team competing for a championship. Answer: "Going for a championship every season. There is no other goal. That's gonna be mine."
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:46 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Delon Wright DNP
True, I actually would not have been opposed to giving him a few minutes in the second half and seeing if he could maybe make a couple of defensive plays.  At least he has some length and athleticism to him.
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 05:29 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:04 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's it. I'm out on RC - and I'm out on Donnie if he doesn't either replace him or force him to accept top shelf defensive assistants who are paid like head coaches.
I've been out on RC for at least five years now.  Would love to get Stan van Gundy.  I love his observations while commenting on the bubble games.  He seems to have a much greater insight on what players need to do in game situations.

Big no on SVG. He set Detroit back 5 years, with his poor drafting and trades. He's a better analyst than a coach.

Actually ..... https://www.nba.com/pistons/news/detroit...operations
Like Reply
Rick >>>>>>>SVG
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 06:19 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 05:29 PM)mtrot Wrote:

Actually ..... https://www.nba.com/pistons/news/detroit...operations
Fair enough.  But I still am really impressed with his analysis on what teams and players need to do in game situations.  Maybe he'd be a defense coach for the Mavs that could actually get them to play good defense!
Like Reply