Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Pacers
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 65: IND (39-25) @ DAL (39-26) | 109-112 loss
https://media.giphy.com/media/QYAt9vuZAhhzG/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I don't feel like giving the Pacers much credit, they were lucky KP was off and the refs just ignored the beating Luka took.
Like Reply
(03-08-2020, 08:24 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: RC as to go only hope for franchise moving forward

Look I'm going to call it like it is....the refs hate Cuban because he calls them out and doesn't just let them do their WCW "doh, I didn't see that chair" stuff and collect their check with the pat on the back.

We can get any coach in the world, and if it isn't the refs personal grandmother, we are going to continue to get screwed.  That's just straight up what.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
This is one game in which I think DFS's length and athleticism could have helped negate the Pacers' obvious advantage in perimeter length and athleticism.  Bad night for him to be out.
Like Reply
THJ was a bright spot.  JJ played well.
Like Reply
Man.. KP frustrated me today. I love the guy but he was a big mess!
Like Reply
Tough loss but being down all game long I wasn´t expecting a win. Maxis and KPs great streak ended. They did a good job in the paint against the Pelicans and Grizzlies but were bullied today.
Mavs aren´t going to win a lot of games with KP shooting 3/17 from the floor.
Like Reply
Dallas is an average team. A very long way from being a contender.
Like Reply
(03-08-2020, 08:28 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Tough loss but being down all game long I wasn´t expecting a win. Maxis and KPs great streak ended. They did a good job in the paint against the Pelicans and Grizzlies but were bullied today.
Mavs aren´t going to win a lot of games with KP shooting 3/17 from the floor.
KP should have been getting in tighter to the rim and drawing fouls.
Like Reply
Backourt played one hell of a game. This is the THJ we want. Agressive, focused, ready. Doncic has to work on his FT, he's one of the best in the game drawing fouls. Good Jackson game. This game is 100% on KP. Awful game. Despite that, tight game, down to the wire. Lee missed the wide open shot DFS/Seth would make.
Like Reply
(03-08-2020, 08:26 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 08:24 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: RC as to go only hope for franchise moving forward

Look I'm going to call it like it is....the refs hate Cuban because he calls them out and doesn't just let them do their WCW "doh, I didn't see that chair" stuff and collect their check with the pat on the back.

We can get any coach in the world, and if it isn't the refs personal grandmother, we are going to continue to get screwed.  That's just straight up what.

Their might be so e truth that but it as nothing to do with RC love affair for washed up vets from Troy Murphy to Courtney Lee
Like Reply
(03-08-2020, 08:28 PM)windjc Wrote: Dallas is an average team.
No, 13 games over .500 in the West.  Average teams are around .500.
Like Reply
(03-08-2020, 08:30 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Backourt played one hell of a game. This is the THJ we want. Agressive, focused, ready. Doncic has to work on his FT, he's one of the best in the game drawing fouls. Good Jackson game. This game is 100% on KP. Awful game. Despite that, tight game, down to the wire. Lee missed the wide open shot DFS/Seth would make.

Jackson would have made it same with Wright Lee as zero buisness on the floor
Like Reply
(03-08-2020, 08:32 PM)bartlettbear Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 08:30 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Backourt played one hell of a game. This is the THJ we want. Agressive, focused, ready. Doncic has to work on his FT, he's one of the best in the game drawing fouls. Good Jackson game. This game is 100% on KP. Awful game. Despite that, tight game, down to the wire. Lee missed the wide open shot DFS/Seth would make.

Jackson shot 30% from 3 prior to this game. Lee 46%. I agree that Jackson had a good game and the hotter hand but I will never understand what you see in him.
Worst on/off numbers on the roster combined with terrible shooting splits and even worse advanced defense stats. Watching him over the whole the season the only positive thing i have noticed is his floater.
Lee isn´t what he used to be but in recent games he at least played solid defense and made some 3s. Today was probably his worst game in the season.
Like Reply
And of course the Thunder won.  At least Houston also lost tonight.
Like Reply

Disagree. Jackson is shooting 30% from deep, 24% from the corner. Delon has a good 37% but doesn't shoot half as much (if he received that ball, he would drive and try to kick to someone, too scared). Lee shoots 43% and 50% from the corner. If I had to choose from the above who's taking that same exact shot, I would choose Lee 100%. But again, this one is not on the refs, it's not on the coach. It's on KP.
Like Reply
That was a rough way to lose. I felt like we weren't gonna win all night as we were just a step slow all night and only luka came to play from jump it seems. Ricks JJB/Boban lineup was awful and it seems this TJ Mconell guy just seems to dance about through the paint on us and we cant stop it.

THJ and JJ made contributions along the way as did WCS/Boban but we just kept winding up a hair slow to loose balls, rotations in the paint, rebounds you name it. KP's shot was off, refs couldn't see the beating luka was taking and register it as fouls and we shot too many early 3s and pullups in the first 5 secs of several 24sec possessions that were bricks. Lastly....missed fucking FTs. COME ON! Whats the point of complaining about blind refs/ driving and getting contact if you aren't gonna cash in at the line. Also maybe we should have put in Boban or WCS towards the end to change how we try to score inside and to better control the boards?

Nothing we haven't seen before.... just another loss for 3point chucking smallball mavs. Hopefully JJ gets a pickmeup from this game cause he's been ass before tonight.
Like Reply
(03-08-2020, 08:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lee isn´t what he used to be but in recent games he at least played solid defense and made some 3s. Today was probably his worst game in the season.

Offensively I agree, but on defense I liked Lee's hustle tonight. He does one thing that our team is very bad (actually the worst in the league) he forces turnovers.

(03-08-2020, 08:42 PM)mtrot Wrote: And of course the Thunder won.  At least Houston also lost tonight.

Maybe to avoid LAC we don't need to pass OKC we need to pass HOU. We play them 2 more times and HOU have same wins as us, 2 games more to play.
Like Reply
We might be the only franchise whose fans blame the refs for losing a game in which our team could not score in the last five minutes. Let me say it again. A team who did not get one single score for almost a half quarter!

And that is not the first time this team brain-fart at the end of a game. Before taking it to the ref or blaming any player, how about being fair and talk some about the coach? No matter how bad the team or any player was, they were leading by 5 in the last five minutes. And then?
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(03-08-2020, 08:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

Jackson shot 30% from 3 prior to this game. Lee 46%. I agree that Jackson had a good game and the hotter hand but I will never understand what you see in him.
Worst on/off numbers on the roster combined with terrible shooting splits and even worse advanced defense stats. Watching him over the whole the season the only positive thing i have noticed is his floater.
Lee isn´t what he used to be but in recent games he at least played solid defense and made some 3s. Today was probably his worst game ine season.

Lee made a few threes in garbage time last game Jackson made shots tonight and lady game he is superior defender than his length alone makes him better than Lee who just gets shot over and over

Teams go right at Lee , they tend to go at Jackson as well if he as to guard a 4.

Jackson moves with out the ball and runs the floor better than any Mav if he got good solid minutes with Luka he been a great fit. Rick tends to play Jackson at tbe 4 or when Luka is out.

Jackson is perfect piece next to Luka he can hit the three when he gets minutes and he does more than stand in tbe corner .

7 of Lee's 20 three pointers have come in garbage time of two games , Mephis and Golden State.

Lee as not played solid defense he was touched for 8 points in 3 possession against Ingram to end the third the other night , they went right after him
Like Reply