Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AROUND the NBA:
(Yesterday, 03:16 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I dont think the Lakers are a contender (at all) but I think the way JJ Redick grinds out wins all season, they might win 50+ games.

Agreed. They’ll have a much easier go of a regular season without the LeBron drama, too. I think the highs will seem really high, but ultimately they’ll be outmatched quickly in the playoffs.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to SCREW YOU Nico, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-06-2026, 03:42 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I have to figure out where all the damn games are gonna be.

There's no more TNT games?
Peacock has one night or two?  Peacock is owned by NBC?  NBC also has NBA games?
ESPN has one night or two?
ABC weekend games?
NBA TV shows some random games.


You left off Amazon Prime. They show games as well. Like the Temptations said, it's a Ball of Confusion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/5011...s-30-teams


Roster needs for all 30 teams.
Like Reply
(9 hours ago)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: You left off Amazon Prime. They show games as well. Like the Temptations said, it's a Ball of Confusion.

Yeah, I don't like the direction most leagues are going.    To maximize profit, they make it hard for a lot of people to find and pay to watch your team play.   I got the Prime league pass last year and I thought it was great.  Very easy to navigate and I thought the price was fair.

I am not a huge fan of the Suns owner, but I like how he has made their games free to watch online for people in PHX.   He also has cheap options for food with Hotdogs and other items.   I wish more owners would do this for their local fanbase.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Haliburton's first game since he went done in the 2025 finals. Looked a bit rusty and probably shouldn't be guarding the point of attack in the near future. But to be fair. It was a tough matchup. Lamelo and Edwards looked great.
Not exactly the same scenario but that's the most interesting part about Kyrie's return for me. Not really concerned about his offense but even a slight decline in lateral quickness can make a huge difference on defense.
Like Reply
Chris Haynes: NEWS: Utah Jazz center Jusuf Nurkić will be sidelined for at least 4 weeks after suffering a partial plantar plate tear of the second toe in his right foot, league sources tell me.

x.com
Like Reply
Shams Charania: The five Buss siblings who voted to sell the family trust’s Lakers shares – Jim, Johnny, Janie, Joey and Jesse – filed in court their formal opposition Wednesday to Jeanie Buss’ petition seeking to prevent the sale. This comes after unresolved settlement discussions. Statement: "Jimmy, Johnny, Janie, Joey and Jesse Buss, the five of six siblings who voted to sell the Trust’s shares in the Lakers, today filed their formal opposition, demonstrating that Jeanie Buss’s petition is legally and factually baseless. "While discussions among the siblings continue, their focus remains on facilitating the proposed transaction and the Trust’s participation in it, while ensuring that all beneficiaries, including Jeanie, are treated equally. "Today’s filing is a necessary step to protect those interests and ensure the transaction proceeds on schedule."

x.com


Dr Buss is probably rolling over in his grave. It's sad when siblings are only looking out for themselves.
Like Reply
(6 hours ago)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Chris Haynes: NEWS: Utah Jazz center Jusuf Nurkić will be sidelined for at least 4 weeks after suffering a partial plantar plate tear of the second toe in his right foot, league sources tell me.

x.com

It was five weeks, but it took a whole week to write down the name of the injury....or in other words I need some Mavs basketball. Undecided
Like Reply
I was bummed when the Mavs traded the last pick in the draft to PHX (before the Sergio trade was announced) and PHX took Koa Peat.   He is a project but I thought he would figure things out eventually because he does winning things on the court.   That could happen.   

Although, man that jumper is rough

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1x...a_peat_to/
Like Reply
Mara might be the most impressive rookie so far. 12/9 in the first game. 22/6 in the second game. 15/15 from the field over two games. And the crazy thing is that he is doing most of his damage in transition. Running the floor and using his size advantage. A Boban sized player that beats opposing bigs down the floor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 49 Guest(s)