Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trade & Free Agency 2026/2027
(07-09-2026, 04:49 PM)windjc Wrote: This place is unique. It seems like many on here are more interested in being a Monday morning GM than winning a championship. I’m the other way. A championship or bust fan. Let’s get it done type.


The ironic thing is the Wannabee GMs I see have their pet players and pet style and philosophies which are similar to what stops most teams from winning. Doing things out of emotion and not logic. Like there are Mavs fans who’d rather see Klay play with LeBron in GS and win one more championship. It’s pretty weird.

If we win we win
I just want to return to those prime Dirk years where the team was a joy to watch. Even during the Luka years the regular season didnt captivate me like it should have
[-] The following 4 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 05:26 PM)Jym Wrote:  Even during the Luka years the regular season didnt captivate me like it should have

You didnt like a guy hogging the ball for the whole game and never running back on defense?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 05:24 PM)cow Wrote: I feel terrible for Klay, but I'm not sure he feels the same way or at least does an amazing job of hiding it.  The rollercoaster he's been on since game 6 of the 2019 finals and his ACL tear is kind of crazy:  recover, Achilies tear, recover again, 2022 chip, divorce from the only team you know, the hopes and dreams of Dallas that were quickly dashed by the Luka trade, to playing meaningless basketball for an organization that wanted you to lose.  He's been the consummate pro throughout and my already high respect for him has only grown.  I'm perfectly fine if he wants to be here and if he doesn't, I'd do everything reasonable to get him to a landing spot of his preference.  No idea how he is as a mentor in the locker room, but even from a far, there are lessons we could all take from him in how to handle yourself.

He’s also single again.

Life’s rough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I was about to say Klay might be ready just go out with a bang in Miami. He's already accomplished everything on the basketball floor.
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 05:28 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I was about to say Klay might be ready just go out with a bang in Miami.  He's already accomplished everything on the basketball floor.

Are we talking about basketball or him being single again?
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 05:28 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I was about to say Klay might be ready just go out with a bang in Miami.  He's already accomplished everything on the basketball floor.
Or maybe he wants to contribute right here and win a ring.
[-] The following 3 users Like windjc's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFLER est 01, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 05:30 PM)cow Wrote: Are we talking about basketball or him being single again?

BANG
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 05:21 PM)Smitty Wrote: We all have different opinions, backgrounds, and experience. This place wouldn’t exist if everyone though the exact same. We’d have nothing to talk about, discuss, debate. You are posting in this unique place with your own unique perspective. That’s how it works…


Amen..
Like Reply
Is LeBron REALLY going to hold the world hostage another day??? GS doesn't want to trade two of the most valuable 1sts in the league for AD, LeBron, just choose already so we can find out what's happening with everyone else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 09:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is LeBron REALLY going to hold the world hostage another day??? GS doesn't want to trade two of the most valuable 1sts in the league for AD, LeBron, just choose already so we can find out what's happening with everyone else.

As a wise person once said:

BE PREPARED
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jmaciscool's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 09:22 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: As a wise person once said:

BE PREPARED

I have no idea how you're making the connection between LeBron's status and the Mavs bringing the great Ricky Rubio out of retirement, but for the record I'M INTO IT! I almost started spamming the gifs again a few weeks back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(07-09-2026, 05:31 PM)windjc Wrote: Or maybe he wants to contribute right here and win a ring.

Exactly
Like Reply
Slightly biased, who’s no authority on anything but is growing on me, mentioned a crazy rumor tonight. Supposedly it’s out there that LeBron, his son and DRAYMOND GREEN are all about to be in Cleveland. I have no idea what to think about that. Obviously it’s far-fetched, but Green is a free agent and it’s the kind of thing I can see Rich Paul and LeBron pulling off. Green and Golden State have been contemplating breaking up for years. Can’t discount it completely.

NBA off-seasons are wild.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(07-10-2026, 02:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Slightly biased, who’s no authority on anything but is growing on me, mentioned a crazy rumor tonight. Supposedly it’s out there that LeBron, his son and DRAYMOND GREEN are all about to be in Cleveland. I have no idea what to think about that. Obviously it’s far-fetched, but Green is a free agent and it’s the kind of thing I can see Rich Paul and LeBron pulling off. Green and Golden State have been contemplating breaking up for years. Can’t discount it completely.

NBA off-seasons are wild.

Very interesting thought - I forgot about Draymond being a free agent, because he’s always been a Warrior.

That means him and LeBron could be a package deal if a team is able to make it happen contract wise, interesting idea for sure.
Like Reply
(07-10-2026, 02:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Slightly biased, who’s no authority on anything but is growing on me, mentioned a crazy rumor tonight. Supposedly it’s out there that LeBron, his son and DRAYMOND GREEN are all about to be in Cleveland. I have no idea what to think about that. Obviously it’s far-fetched, but Green is a free agent and it’s the kind of thing I can see Rich Paul and LeBron pulling off. Green and Golden State have been contemplating breaking up for years. Can’t discount it completely.

NBA off-seasons are wild.

Bill Simmons said Lebron to Cleveland is a done deal in his latest pod.
[-] The following 4 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to SCREW YOU Nico, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
So Cleveland is almost done...
Like Reply
[Image: 7ei8m3kmobch1.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
How many tradeable future firsts does Cleveland have?
Like Reply
@JakeLFischer
While the Clippers work through the NBA’s Kawhi curveball, sources say Los Angeles — as well as another Peyton Watson suitor — is currently unlikely to swing a sign-and-trade with Denver, as the Nuggets are asking for a “Walker Kessler-type return” for Watson.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
[Fischer] The Atlanta Hawks have been unwilling to take back Jarred Vanderbilt in a deal that sends out Jonathan Kuminga.
[-] The following 4 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, FireNicoHarrison, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)