Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(07-01-2026, 11:25 AM)michaeltex Wrote: SLC is visually attractive, but I wouldn't want to live there.
OTOH, I don't get the allure of LAL, other than the lingering "Showtime" pantina and NBA's commitment to having a high visibility team in the #2 TV market. IMO, living in the city is a daily PITA, even if you are a young multi-millionaire.
But I'm old so what do I know.
![[Image: clint-eastwood-cry.gif]](https://media1.tenor.com/m/fUr6-sYkHIEAAAAC/clint-eastwood-cry.gif)
Highway 1 is one the most beautiful drives one can find themselves on and that's ignoring the nightlife or easy access to beaches and the ocean. I wouldn't want to afford to live there, but the appeal is understandable.
Posts: 6,918
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Joined: Feb 2021
(07-01-2026, 11:25 AM)michaeltex Wrote: SLC is visually attractive, but I wouldn't want to live there.
OTOH, I don't get the allure of LAL, other than the lingering "Showtime" pantina and NBA's commitment to having a high visibility team in the #2 TV market. IMO, living in the city is a daily PITA, even if you are a young multi-millionaire.
But I'm old so what do I know.
![[Image: clint-eastwood-cry.gif]](https://media1.tenor.com/m/fUr6-sYkHIEAAAAC/clint-eastwood-cry.gif) I think it has more to do with future earnings potential. Luka + no frontcourt competition. He´s gonna look like a million bucks. Healthy he´s very similar to Lively.
Posts: 4,446
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Free agent guard De'Anthony Melton has agreed to a two-year, $11 million deal to return to the Golden State Warriors, sources tell ESPN. There is a player option in the season of the deal as well.
Posts: 2,085
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 1,237 in 664 posts
Likes Given: 1,967
Likes Received: 1,237 in 664 posts
Likes Given: 1,967
Joined: Sep 2019
(07-01-2026, 11:27 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think it has more to do with future earnings potential. Luka + no frontcourt competition. He´s gonna look like a million bucks. Healthy he´s very similar to Lively.
TBH, it's been so long it's hard to remember what it's like with Lively in the rotation. When he comes back, it will almost feel like adding a new player.
Posts: 4,446
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
My takeaway is that the '29 Lakers pick may now be one of the most valuable in the league. Rumored to be the next great draft. I would almost consider it untouchable at this point.
Posts: 6,918
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Joined: Feb 2021
I sure like to hear that I. Joe two 2nd round picks argument again, considering that three superior players in Sexton, Kennard and Melton have already signed for a lot less money in FA. Also makes you wonder what compensation we should receive for taking on somebody like Monk, who by current market rate, is overpaid by 8-10M/year.
Posts: 7,917
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
Keith Smith: If Walker Kessler's Year 1 salary comes in at $30.2M. I've got the Lakers with $22.3M remaining in cap space (inclusive of Austin Reaves' cap hold).
x.com
Posts: 4,446
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
@ChrisBHaynes
Contrary to speculation, the Detroit Pistons will not be waiving marksman Duncan Robinson, league sources tell me.
Posts: 4,446
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
Brett Siegel (@BrettSiegelNBA)
It sounds like the Pistons are doing a sign-and-trade for John Collins with the Clippers, which means they will not need to waive Duncan Robinson to have the cap space to do so.
Robinson was expected to be a cap-casualty IF the Pistons were to absorb Collins using cap space.
Posts: 876
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 709 in 375 posts
Likes Given: 242
Likes Received: 709 in 375 posts
Likes Given: 242
Joined: Mar 2023
(07-01-2026, 11:32 AM)Smitty Wrote: My takeaway is that the '29 Lakers pick may now be one of the most valuable in the league. Rumored to be the next great draft. I would almost consider it untouchable at this point.
It’s not really, with these new even odds.
Except when they change it again to something completely else until then.
Posts: 359
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 349 in 179 posts
Likes Given: 67
Likes Received: 349 in 179 posts
Likes Given: 67
Joined: Oct 2019
(07-01-2026, 11:04 AM)Luka77 Wrote: So Kessler passed on a 4 year 140 million dollar contract, which he said he was unhappy about, to sign a contract with the Lakers for 4 years 130 million? Make it make sense!
I’ll just assume the income tax rate in Utah is a heck of a lot lower too. Makes it all that more confusing.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Posts: 6,918
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Joined: Feb 2021
Doncic/Sexton
Reaves/Carr
Grimes/Knecht
Mamu/LaRavia
Kessler/Ayrton
It´s a lot more balanced positionally. Probably better overall, but defensively that will be a struggle. Kessler is the only plus defender in the whole rotation.
Posts: 333
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 68 in 53 posts
Likes Given: 8
Likes Received: 68 in 53 posts
Likes Given: 8
Joined: Jun 2024
Lakers are a garbage team. 6-7 seed. That roster isn’t beating spurs or okc.
Posts: 9,005
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 5,044 in 2,676 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Likes Received: 5,044 in 2,676 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Joined: Sep 2019
LA the only team in the league that is making deals because they know that LBJ is gone. Rest of the league waiting for LeDecision???
Posts: 4,446
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
@JakeLFischer
The Clippers will create a trade exception by helping facilitate John Collins’ sign-and-trade to Detroit, sources say.
Collins’ three-year, $51 million contract with the Pistons is only guaranteed for the first season, as @omarisankofareported.
I’m told Detroit wasn’t willing to offer Tobias Harris more than one guaranteed season, either. With the Lakers business today, let’s see if Harris or Rui Hachimura end up signing into the Spurs’ open forward spot.
Posts: 2,915
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 1,439 in 797 posts
Likes Given: 8,726
Likes Received: 1,439 in 797 posts
Likes Given: 8,726
Joined: Sep 2019
(07-01-2026, 11:45 AM)OBX Maverick Wrote: I’ll just assume the income tax rate in Utah is a heck of a lot lower too. Makes it all that more confusing.
Utah isn't good at all. Maybe he just wants to actually play meaningful basketball when it matters. Losing isn't fun no matter how much they make.
Posts: 4,446
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
Yossi Gozlan (@YossiGozlan)
There are now no teams with significant cap space remaining to offer Jalen Duren a lucrative contract.
Pistons have $38 million in space below the luxury tax line to re-sign him. They could create more with additional moves.
Posts: 6,435
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,797
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,797
Joined: Sep 2019
For those who are whinging, I am still hoping to get Monk in trade, or sign Simons.
We haven’t seen the finished product yet. If the offseason consists of the draft, trading for Sasser, and nothing else, well, yeah, then I’ll be a bit salty.
Posts: 1,364
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 401 in 304 posts
Likes Given: 1,321
Likes Received: 401 in 304 posts
Likes Given: 1,321
Joined: Feb 2025
(07-01-2026, 11:50 AM)Deebo Wrote: Lakers are a garbage team. 6-7 seed. That roster isn’t beating spurs or okc.
Luka is Luka but others 4 starters are nothing special for me... I don't see them contender.
It will be very funny if the Mavs will end ahead of them.
Posts: 4,446
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,785 in 2,232 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
@MavsFilmRoom
Raise the banner
|