Poll: Who gets the Dirkie? (vote AFTER the game)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
3.70%
1 3.70%
KP
70.37%
19 70.37%
Delon
0%
0 0%
Maxi
3.70%
1 3.70%
Seth
0%
0 0%
THJ
7.41%
2 7.41%
DFS
0%
0 0%
Boban
0%
0 0%
Jalen
11.11%
3 11.11%
Justin
3.70%
1 3.70%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMETHREAD: DAL @ LAC (Vancouver), Oct 17, 9:30 pm (102-87 win)
Montrezl Harrell is still a load and a hard player for our guys to defend.
Like Reply
Luka is going to have to punch someone this year to get some respect
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
I was REALLY concerned about rebounding...but we are outrebounding them 48 to 30 right now...WOW.
Like Reply
Carlisle currently has probably the smallest lineup we can tonight lol. 

JJB, Lee, Hardaway, Jackson, Roby.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Refs are really ridiculous. Where do they see all this offensive fouls? Both against Clips and us.
Like Reply
Thank God they called that 3 seconds on Zubac....they called 3, but it was actually 9.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 11:29 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I was REALLY concerned about rebounding...but we are outrebounding them 48 to 30 right now...WOW.

Thank God they called that 3 on Zubac....they called 3, but it was actually 9

KP seems to have really put an emphasis on rebounding so far. 8.3 rpg so far in the preseason, but 13 rebounds last game and again 13 tonight. 

Add Luka to the mix who's been a strong rebounder day 1, and I think the Mavs might not be that bad in the rebounding department. 26 of our 48 came from those two tonight!!

Also an aside because it's happening right now but ROBY SHOWING OFF! Great little hook, amazing pass to Jackson, and then a 3!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I really like Roby.  He's a smart capable player.  That's looking like a Jalen Brunson type of 2nd rounder.

Smart, good passer, blocks out, can block shots...moves well.

Can shoot the 3.
Like Reply
Does anyone understand what the crowd is chanting?

We want .....?
Like Reply
Wow, they called a foul on a drive.
Like Reply
Can we please stop this blowhard from dunking on us?  Please?
Like Reply
WOW! What a move by Roby there!

(10-17-2019, 11:43 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Can we please stop this blowhard from dunking on us?  Please?

I mean he's playing garbage minutes in a preseason game. He'll be lucky to play 100 minutes past October 23rd, if thats any consolation.
Like Reply
Did I say that I like this Roby guy?
Like Reply
Next Wed seems so far away.  Last 2 games have been really encouraging.
Like Reply
Porzingis   23 minutes --- 18 points, 13 rebounds, 6-9 from the field (1-3 from 3), 1 assist, 1 block, 2 TOs
Luka         25 minutes --- 15 points, 13 rebounds, 5-11 from the field (4-9 from 3), 3 assists. 9 TOs

Luka has to stop getting in spats with no name guys.
Luka has to stop the crazy TO rate...(he did play against Kawhi most of the night)
Like Reply
Mavs look ready for the regular season. Doncic gotta cut down those turnovers though! 

Jackson looked really good. Barea's shot wasn't falling, but he looked good running the offense.

THJ continues to look like he could actually contribute. And I hope RC continues to play Lee. He could really help our perimeter defense.
Like Reply
Dallas had 30 turnovers, twice as much as the Clips, yet they still won by 15. That has to be some kind of record. 

Luka was sloppy, but part of it can be attributed to really bad refs and part to high advantage they had all game. He gets sloppy, try to be too attractive, when they are in big advantage. Same happened against OKC. His turnovers where much lower against Detroit and Milwaukee. 

Dallas might have problems against teams with strong and skilled bigs like we saw against OKC with Adams and Detroit. On the other hand guys like Zubac (he looked terrible) or even Harrel are no match for our bigs. Same was in second OKC game - Noel is not a threat offensively and not good enough defensively. Never mind that one block on KP.

Defense was good in the last two games. Clips were very unsuccessful running Kawhi/Harrel pick and rolls all the time, but Luka and Maxi were switching very well and kept honest defense even after the switch. I don't remember a single Harrel successful rim run from this PnR situations. 

Lee is good defensively, but looked washed offensively throughout the preseason. As much as it would be beneficial to raise his trade value, we have much more deserving players in the guard/wing position. Jackson, THJ were excellent last couple of games and we brought Curry for a reason. 

Brunson was excellent again. He looks way better than Wright - I am still dissapointed by his inactivity. He should take the ball more often and try to create something, especially after rebound or opponent turnover. Let's be honest, Luka is not really running Fox type of tempo unless he is at the all star game :-)

I trully hope Clips didn't just have a bad night and that this picture of Dallas we saw in the last two games are realistic for what we can expect. They need to win against Washington and then face first real test in the Zion home opener.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 11:34 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I really like Roby.  He's a smart capable player.  That's looking like a Jalen Brunson type of 2nd rounder.

Smart, good passer, blocks out, can block shots...moves well.

Can shoot the 3.

It was the first game, he looked like a potential NBA player.  Before that he looked China-bound.

Btw I wonder whether the Chinese government is aware that when a football/soccer or basketball expert/fan says "yeah he´s headed to China", that´s not a compliment. Big Grin
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/11...3652042752
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I just voted THJ for the Dirkie, partially to give him props for playing great the last two games. If we had an Exceeding Expectations Award he'd get that for the preseason for sure!
Like Reply