Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
(05-10-2024, 12:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The adjustment I expect from OKC is to minimize Giddey's involvement until he's ultimately not on the floor at all.

I don't see that happening. His minutes might get reduced, but he does other things to help them win besides shooting. He's a good passer, decent rebounder, setup man on the break, and he's got size at 6'6. He's helped them get to where they are.
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 12:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: On the plus side, I think we all know that Hardaway isn't going to hit threes in one game and then go back to his slump. I'd guess we have at least 2-3 more of this heater, and one of them might even be better than 6-10. I hope so, anyway.

I think this is kind of a wildly optimistic take. Obviously I hope you’re right, but after what feels like half a season’s worth of poor shooting, my faith in Tim producing anything won’t be making an appearance anytime soon, especially not after one reasonable game. I think at this point he’s our Josh Giddey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lukedoncic's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 05:29 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I don't see that happening. His minutes might get reduced, but he does other things to help them win besides shooting. He's a good passer, decent rebounder, setup man on the break, and he's got size at 6'6. He's helped them get to where they are.

Would be a win for us if we could play him off the floor, means they lose a starter and everybody else has to move one spot up in the rotation.
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 05:35 AM)Lukedoncic Wrote: I think this is kind of a wildly optimistic take. Obviously I hope you’re right, but after what feels like half a season’s worth of poor shooting, my faith in Tim producing anything won’t be making an appearance anytime soon, especially not after one reasonable game. I think at this point he’s our Josh Giddey.

Hardaway hitting his open shots like he was always able to would be a perfect medicine against the Thunder who try everything to shrink the court around Luka, Kyrie and the basket. Please let Timmy knock down 4 of 6 three pointers in game 3, that could open up our whole offense for Luka and Kyrie to cook.
[-] The following 6 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, Lukedoncic, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 05:29 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I don't see that happening. His minutes might get reduced, but he does other things to help them win besides shooting. He's a good passer, decent rebounder, setup man on the break, and he's got size at 6'6. He's helped them get to where they are.

He already only played 11 minutes in the last one and didn’t start the second half. Because he didn’t start the second half, the Thunder started on like a 16-2 run, and then the wheels flew off when he entered. 

In the 11 minutes he did play, he was -20.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 05:35 AM)Lukedoncic Wrote: I think this is kind of a wildly optimistic take. Obviously I hope you’re right, but after what feels like half a season’s worth of poor shooting, my faith in Tim producing anything won’t be making an appearance anytime soon, especially not after one reasonable game. I think at this point he’s our Josh Giddey.

I agree. Tim basically fell off the face of basketball earth after the trades. He went from 18ppg on near 40% 3pt shooting to 8pp on 33/31/70 splits. Thats 2 months of that kind play. I need to see Tim do this for at least a series before I can expect him to score anything more than 2 points. 

At least THJ is known for his consistency....oh wait.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 09:22 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: He already only played 11 minutes in the last one and didn’t start the second half. Because he didn’t start the second half, the Thunder started on like a 16-2 run, and then the wheels flew off when he entered. 

Really?  If that's the case, I can see his minutes diminishing.
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 09:52 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I agree. Tim basically fell off the face of basketball earth after the trades. He went from 18ppg on near 40% 3pt shooting to 8pp on 33/31/70 splits. Thats 2 months of that kind play. I need to see Tim do this for at least a series before I can expect him to score anything more than 2 points. 

At least THJ is known for his consistency....oh wait.

Yeah that´s not fair. He was very consistent this season: Ffrst consistently good, then consistently shit. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 11:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://streamable.com/d9mtc3

AI is going to ruin society.

Skynet? Save us T-800!!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 09:52 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: At least THJ is known for his consistency....oh wait.

He is consistently inconsistent Smile
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 09:22 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: He already only played 11 minutes in the last one and didn’t start the second half. Because he didn’t start the second half, the Thunder started on like a 16-2 run, and then the wheels flew off when he entered. 

13 minutes today. Played better (4/8 shooting, -1 for the game), but isn’t going to get 20 mins (probably not even 15) rest of the way.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://www.landofbasketball.com/statist...es_2_1.htm

Gotta feel pretty good about the odds, right about now.

I’m actually glad game 3 wasn’t a blowout. Keeps the Mavs from getting complacent.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • Lukedoncic, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
OKC need some more vets to be a true contender. their old boys like Harden and even Westbrook would help them a lot imho. OKC have a ton of talents (and many draft picks) but the mavs and Timberwolves are clearly better built.
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 06:16 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: OKC  need some more vets to be a true contender. their old boys like Harden and even Westbrook would help them a lot imho. OKC have a ton of talents (and many draft picks) but the mavs and Timberwolves are clearly better built.

Westbrook would be an even worse fit than Giddey with a much bigger ego. All they need to be is patient. They have all the picks in the world and can target the next superstar wing/big that asks for a trade or add multiple legit two-way starters. What they are missing in this series is a another big wing defender and a backup center.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, mvossman, omahen, RGP1981
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 06:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Westbrook would be an even worse fit than Giddey with a much bigger ego. All they need to be is patient. They have all the picks in the world and can target the next superstar wing/big that asks for a trade or add multiple legit two-way starters. What they are missing in this series is a another big wing defender and a backup center.
They should not be patient at all. Presti should just waive all his 15-16 first round picks at Pat Riley and Danny Ainge to get Markkanen and Adebayo. I´d give up 6 unprotected 1sts for Markkanen and 10 for Adebayo. You don´t need any picks for the next decade as long as the owners are willing to pay up. And I think this is the real problem at OKC just like it was with Durant, Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka: cheapish small market owners.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 06:33 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They should not be patient at all. Presti should just waive all his 15-16 first round picks at Pat Riley and Danny Ainge to get Markkanen and Adebayo. I´d give up 6 unprotected 1sts for Markkanen and 10 for Adebayo. You don´t need any picks for the next decade as long as the owners are willing to pay up. And I think this is the real problem at OKC just like it was with Durant, Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka: cheapish small market owners.

You identified the problem. A steady supply of cheap contracts help a lot if you are on pace to pay 3+ max guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Pretty crazy that at the trade deadline several nba reporters liked the Hornets guy the Thunder got than the one the mavericks got. That is a pretty wrong take even if pj doesnt shoot well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
This rebuild by Presti has been impressive, we all agree.

The last time they were here (with arguably even better players), they couldn't build the team in time to win a championship before they were forced to start selling them off, and these new cap realities are far more punitive than they used to be.

When high first-round picks end their first contracts, they expect to be paid. Some of them will only be role players if they stay in OKC and will be anxious for opportunity elsewhere, and that's on top of the stress of making it all work, financially.

It will be interesting to see how things play out in OKC over the next few years. Again, this isn't the first time they've reached this point.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Mavs2021, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 06:16 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: OKC  need some more vets to be a true contender. their old boys like Harden and even Westbrook would help them a lot imho. OKC have a ton of talents (and many draft picks) but the mavs and Timberwolves are clearly better built.

All they really need is a PF...

Can you imagine what their team would be like if they had decided to sign PJ Washington themselves instead of letting him go to the Mavericks?

G: SGA / Giddey
G: Dort / Cason
F: Jalen / Hayward
F: PJW / Dieng
C: Chet / Jaylin

They can try to get Lauri Markkanen or Deni Avdija in the summer and be better built than the Mavs or Timberpuppies.
Like Reply
(05-12-2024, 02:55 AM)RGP1981 Wrote: All they really need is a PF...

Can you imagine what their team would be like if they had decided to sign PJ Washington themselves instead of letting him go to the Mavericks?

F: PJW / Dieng
C: Chet / Jaylin

They can try to get Lauri Markkanen or Deni Avdija in the summer and be better built than the Mavs or Timberpuppies.

Weren’t they rumored to be interested in Gafford at the deadline?
That team would look much better equipped for the postseason grind then their actual team, wouldn’t it? Think facing Minnesota, Denver or the Lakers.

F: Chet / Dieng
C: Gafford / Jaylin
Like Reply