Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Stein-Ingram Trade Inevitable| LAL Want Lebron Back On Any Terms
This is a playin team.

Adding a couple of ok prospects for the future doesn’t make it a successful summer. It took Josh Green three years to be a real contributor.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, omahen
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:58 PM)omahen Wrote: Ah, ok. I thought you were listing only current Mavs, which got me confused. 

I don't like Davis. I don't think he has much D in that 3-D

A useful end of the rotation player on minimum contact.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:02 PM)cow Wrote: A useful end of the rotation player on minimum contact.

We have Hardy and Seth in that role and they are both better than him, imho
Like Reply
Right now the Mavs are clearly the worst out of the four metroplex teams. Even with Luka and Kyrie.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:03 PM)omahen Wrote: We have Hardy and Seth in that role and they are both better than him, imho

What was that you were saying about not much D in his game?
Like Reply
Obi to the Pacers for two second round picks.

Reaves stays with LAL. Lakers got him for the Jalen money mavs never offered.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, omahen, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:06 PM)cow Wrote: What was that you were saying about not much D in his game?

I agree Seth and Hardy have little D. I am a bit confused by Seth addition. Another no D guy as Davis doesn't solve that Smile
Like Reply
Damn, I hate that the Lakers got Reaves for that deal. FACK
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:07 PM)omahen Wrote: I agree Seth and Hardy have little D. I am a bit confused by Seth addition. Another no D guy as Davis doesn't solve that Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Brook Lopez returns to the Bucks. That probably leaves Dillon Brooks to Houston right? I would be fine with that. He fits a need in Dallas but he scares me.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:02 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: This is a playin team.

Adding a couple of ok prospects for the future doesn’t make it a successful summer. It took Josh Green three years to be a real contributor.

I don’t think they are a WCF team like from two years ago, but I also don’t think they’re a play-in team. Maybe it’s naive of me, but I feel like they’re in between.

I agree that they should do more, but I think they will. So far, I have been really happy with everything they have done this season. The Curry signing is pretty meh, but I get it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
We don't know enough about the Luka/Kyrie pairing to know how this team will fair. Lively needs to get up to speed quick though as you'll need someone to alter shots at the rim to help overcome that pairing's defensive liabilities.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:08 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Brook Lopez returns to the Bucks.  That probably leaves Dillon Brooks to Houston right?  I would be fine with that.  He fits a need in Dallas but he scares me.

Brooks, G. Williams or Thybulle are the only guys I could buy as good MLE signings. I hope Mavs get one of them or rather move to the trade market. I really don't like split MLE ideas. Mavs need to add legit two way players, not just more of limited role players, they will be trying to play as third best guys on the team.

I wonder, how Portland would turn now. Grant is ideal for what Mavs need, imho. He is overpaid now, but thats basically the only way for Mavs to hope to get such a guy.
Like Reply
2:59 p.m. ET: The New York Knicks are finalizing a trade with the Indiana Pacers to send forward Obi Toppin to Indiana in exchange for two future second-round picks, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The deal can't be finalized until Tuesday. Toppin was drafted with the eighth overall pick by the Knicks in 2020.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:13 PM)omahen Wrote: Brooks, G. Williams or Thybulle are the only guys I could buy as good MLE signings.

I understand his baggage, but I'd add Miles Bridges to the list talent-wise.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • KillerLeft, omahen
Like Reply
2:41 p.m. ET: The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed to re-sign veteran center Brook Lopez to a two-year $48 million contract, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The Houston Rockets were the biggest contender to Milwaukee in signing Lopez.

2:40 p.m. ET: The Philadelphia 76ers have signed guard Patrick Beverley to a one-year deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:17 PM)Tyler Wrote: I understand his baggage, but I'd add Miles Bridges to the list talent-wise.

Sure, agree. But I thought he is a lock to stay in Charlotte.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:17 PM)Tyler Wrote: I understand his baggage, but I'd add Miles Bridges to the list talent-wise.

Nope.
Like Reply
If the Mavs were completely honest to themselves and Luka, they´d institute a policy right now to only obtain players age 25 or under tssi summer.

We were already far inferior to so many teams, but arguably the five best teams are

Nuggets: Dominant NBA champions.
Heat: NBA finalist with the best coach in the NBA forming a big three of Butler, Lillard and Adebayo.
Lakers: Retaining almost the full roster that made the post-trade deadline push, replacing Schroeder with Vincent.
Celtics: Adding Porzingis.
Suns: Replacing CP3 with Beal forming a big three with Booker/Durant.

There is no championship window next season. We´ll be fighting to make the play-offs via the play-in.

Get rid of THJ, Bullock, Powell and McGee.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 02:13 PM)omahen Wrote: Brooks, G. Williams or Thybulle are the only guys I could buy as good MLE signings. I hope Mavs get one of them or rather move to the trade market. I really don't like split MLE ideas. Mavs need to add legit two way players, not just more of limited role players, they will be trying to play as third best guys on the team.

I wonder, how Portland would turn now. Grant is ideal for what Mavs need, imho. He is overpaid now, but thats basically the only way for Mavs to hope to get such a guy.

I am not a fan of the split MLE either.
Like Reply