Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Hawks to Shop Hunter
(06-30-2023, 08:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs traded for a draft pick. We are already in an alternate universe. Might as well hope that they also changed their free agency approach.

Keep in mind that I’m an idiot, but that seems like a logical fallacy. These bums can’t execute in free agency (until they do).
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:03 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: But just looking at the cold hard facts as of now the Mavs haven´t added a single win-now impact player and the list of available options isn´t long. 
[Image: omax.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:13 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Ha….Kyrie clapped back on Bill Simmons on a tweet.  I guess i should get use to no good Mavs talks on the Ringers podcasts for the next few years.  LOL

Yeah I've noticed every single one of their guys hates on Dallas to a seemingly comedic level now. Lowe literally said "I don't care about Dallas I'm not talking about them" on his most recent podcast

https://twitter.com/KyrieIrving/status/1...02113?s=20

DA11AS ??♾❤️
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: How so?  I think that is what we will need to do.  Grant is over a 12 million player.   I am just not sure how we get there and it is something Boston would be ok with.
Something like Reggie plus the trade spread on the Bertans deal. Maybe you could start him at like $15-18 million. I think we know Reggie has value. Or we wouldn’t have guaranteed his deal. Probably not Boston but there could be something there
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:18 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah I've noticed every single one of their guys hates on Dallas to a seemingly comedic level now. Lowe literally said "I don't care about Dallas I'm not talking about them" on his most recent podcast

https://twitter.com/KyrieIrving/status/1...02113?s=20

DA11AS ??♾❤️

I really like Lowe.  He clarified that comment on the following podcast.   He has done that to other teams.  I think he is just tired about talking about Kyrie and Dallas.   

To be honest with Cuban’s comment about him in the past,  I am surprised he generally enjoys talking about the Mavs.

(06-30-2023, 08:18 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Something like Reggie plus the trade spread on the Bertans deal. Maybe you could start him at like $15-18 million. I think we know Reggie has value. Or we wouldn’t have guaranteed his deal. Probably not Boston but there could be something there

I would love for it to happen.   Stevens has been pretty deliberate and has typically found good value in trades.
Like Reply
I love Zach Lowe. He seems to love the sport and covering it and isn't in the business just to elevate his name or build an empire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Does anyone think the Mavs will make a move tonight or will they go into Saturday/Sunday?
Like Reply
Schroeder to Toronto. 2 year for 26 million. Is this the first time he is going to make double digits since not taking that Laker offer 3 years ago?
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:26 PM)cow Wrote: I love Zach Lowe.  He seems to love the sport and covering it and isn't in the business just to elevate his name or build an empire.

I like Lowe as well. I love him and Bill Simmons' podcasts when they are on each others shows.

But its obvious he has a bias against the guy who did his Celtic team dirty.

Free agent G Dennis Schroder has agreed to a two-year, $26M deal with the Toronto Raptors, agent Mark Bartelstein of
@PrioritySports
tells ESPN.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:26 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Does anyone think the Mavs will make a move tonight or will they go into Saturday/Sunday?

I think something will happen. But it could be a late night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:29 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Schroeder to Toronto.  2 year for 26 million.  Is this the first time he is going to make double digits since not taking that Laker offer 3 years ago?

That is A LOT of money for Schroeder. I think TOR is slightly panicking now that they lost FVV and are trying to avoid rebuilding as much as possible.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That is A LOT of money for Schroeder. I think TOR is slightly panicking now that they lost FVV and are trying to avoid rebuilding as much as possible.

Need to trade Siakam before he leaves for nothing next summer
Like Reply
Who has the full MLE or cap room left? Just wondering if Wood would be a target for any of those teams.
Like Reply
Free agent forward Oshae Brisett has agreed to a two-year deal with the Boston Celtics, his agent Mike George of
@OneLegacySports
tells ESPN. Player option on the second year.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Free agent forward Oshae Brisett has agreed to a two-year deal with the Boston Celtics, his agent Mike George of
@OneLegacySports
tells ESPN. Player option on the second year.

Grant Williams replacement?
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
13s
Free agent guard Seth Curry has agreed on a two-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks, co-head of
@CAA_Basketball
Austin Brown tells ESPN.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
13s
Free agent guard Seth Curry has agreed on a two-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks, co-head of
@CAA_Basketball
Austin Brown tells ESPN.

I LOVE ME SOME CURRY.

ELITE SHOOTER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Also doesn't this mean the Mavs almost have to move on from THJ??)
Like Reply
[quote="SleepingHero" pid="187916" dateline="1688175576"]
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
13s
@CAA_Basketball
Austin Brown tells ESPN.

I LOVE ME SOME CURRY.

ELITE SHOOTER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like Curry, but we needed a defender. I wonder how much this is for. Not sure more offense is the answer.
Like Reply
Amazing for the BAE but probably means a split MLE tho huh?

Gonna have to be some kind of forward trade if that's the case
Like Reply
Details?! MLE or split MLE...meh. BAE...good move.
Like Reply