Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
https://twitter.com/mavs_ffl/status/1674...07589?s=46&t=-bN4oD2OLU_Ue80HIM_CZQ
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 10:04 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: "The Indiana Pacers are nearing a trade sending guard Chris Duarte to the Sacramento Kings for draft compensation, sources tell @TheAthletic
@Stadium"

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6149646338

I like Duarte, but he's fallen off quite hard since his rookie year. 

Surprised the Kings essentially paid Holmes+#24+whatever compensation they end up sending to the Pacers for Duarte. Pretty steep if you ask me
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I'm told with the space ESPN has cleared with today's layoffs that they now have cap room to offer Kyrie a max 5-year contract.
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • Jmaciscool, The Jom
Like Reply
So it’s going to be Powell / Holmes splitting the minutes, Lively will play the AJ Hammons-role (GLeague) and McGee gets the minutes against tanking teams turning half the board mad.

Lol. Good times ahead.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 10:49 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think they split the MLE between him and one other guy. That’s my prediction.

I’m happy with him coming back. If they get him back at the minimum or the BAE, I’ll be ecstatic. I think he would really have to want to come back to do that, because I think other teams will be willing to pay him more. 

My prediction is that he is going to split the MLE with someone else who won’t be as sexy as Bruce Brown and people are going to dislike it a lot.

I will be much less interested in a Powell signing if they have to split up the MLE for him.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Yeah, i don't see why Kyrie/McGee for Harris would be considered a win. Kyrie doesn't have a lot of options so the it isn't "trade him for Harris or he walks". you are offering a third star in a position of need maybe you don't get Maxey and a pick but the Mavs should definitely ask for more to facilitate that good of a player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs32's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 11:02 AM)JamesConway912 Wrote: So it’s going to be Powell / Holmes splitting the minutes, Lively will play the AJ Hammons-role (GLeague) and McGee gets the minutes against tanking teams turning half the board mad.

Lol. Good times ahead.

It's one of the worst center rotations in the league.

Just when I thought I had confidence in Nico.

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...3844314112

An update on Kyrie Irving's free agency from ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski suggests that the Dallas Mavericks will "show some restraint." He's still "inevitably" expected to re-sign with the Mavs.

"Kyrie Irving is trying to create a market out there. It may just not be there for him. Certainly, Dallas, I think, is going to try to show some restraint, some discipline on what they're going to offer Kyrie Irving with a new deal in Dallas. It's going to be more than anybody else can offer him.

"I think he's going to try to spend some time here trying to manufacture a marketplace of salary cap space and teams that might actually scare Dallas into thinking they have to up their offer. I'm not sure that's happening. That will be an interesting process as it plays out. I still think Kyrie Irving inevitably will return back to Dallas on a deal to play with Luka Doncic."
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
And I wonder what they'll end up doing with McGee
Are we just going to stretch waive him to sign Powell? Seems like a bit of a waste
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 10:25 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: So the kings essentially gave us OMax to trade for Duarte…pretty questionable move, wonder if other plans fell through.

They didn't need OMax. They've got Murray, Barnes, and Lyles. They need more shooting at the SF/SG position. Makes sense to me.
Like Reply
Pacers and Mavs seem to like similar type of players. Some of that goes back to different front offices, but it appears they think pretty similar. Indy has a lot of money. More than enough for Bruce Brown. I wonder what else they are looking at? Grant Williams too?
Like Reply
If Powell gets any of the the MLE, this is terrible and I mean terrible news. If it's the BAE, so be it, but he's not worth more than that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status...0622181376

Gabe Vincent rejects Heat's offer and they could be losing Strus
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 11:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's one of the worst center rotations in the league.

Just when I thought I had confidence in Nico.

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...3844314112

An update on Kyrie Irving's free agency from ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski suggests that the Dallas Mavericks will "show some restraint." He's still "inevitably" expected to re-sign with the Mavs.

"Kyrie Irving is trying to create a market out there. It may just not be there for him. Certainly, Dallas, I think, is going to try to show some restraint, some discipline on what they're going to offer Kyrie Irving with a new deal in Dallas. It's going to be more than anybody else can offer him.

"I think he's going to try to spend some time here trying to manufacture a marketplace of salary cap space and teams that might actually scare Dallas into thinking they have to up their offer. I'm not sure that's happening. That will be an interesting process as it plays out. I still think Kyrie Irving inevitably will return back to Dallas on a deal to play with Luka Doncic."

It still feels like things are moving a bit for centers for us.   I think a lot of depends on what they think Holmes can bring.  I know what Powell brings and I have a pretty strong feeling what Lively will bring early on.  Holmes is the key.  If he can't play any more than that position is a glaring weakness early on.   It was one of the reasons I thought Drummond could be an regular season innings eater.    But as noted, we have a lot of bodies on the roster already at center.   Not sure how moveable McGee and/or Holmes are.
Like Reply
https://hoopshype.com/rumor/kelly-oubre-...h-hornets/

Kelly Oubre is unlikely to re-sign.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 11:19 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They didn't need OMax. They've got Murray, Barnes, and Lyles. They need more shooting at the SF/SG position. Makes sense to me.

Kings have been a laughing stock for a long time.  But they have appeared to have made solid moves recently.   I am sure they were looking to upgrade from Barnes and probably keep Lyles.   When that didn't happen, Barnes is a respectable backup plan.   I would hate giving up a first though if I was a Kings fans.   Kings are having fun now, but in a few years they could say, we literally gave Dallas two core pieces over a two year time period.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 10:59 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I like Duarte, but he's fallen off quite hard since his rookie year. 

Surprised the Kings essentially paid Holmes+#24+whatever compensation they end up sending to the Pacers for Duarte. Pretty steep if you ask me

He's fallen off because he's been injured.

(06-30-2023, 11:30 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kings have been a laughing stock for a long time.  But they have appeared to have made solid moves recently.   I am sure they were looking to upgrade from Barnes and probably keep Lyles.   When that didn't happen, Barnes is a respectable backup plan.   I would hate giving up a first though if I was a Kings fans.   Kings are having fun now, but in a few years they could say, we literally gave Dallas two core pieces over a two year time period.

They only can say that if OMax works out for Dallas. No guarantees it does. We wait and see.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 11:32 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:  He's fallen off because he's been injured.

I  thought he was an odd draft pick last year but he was very good as a rookie.   Fun fact, Josh Green is almost four years younger than Duarte.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 11:24 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: If Powell gets any of the the MLE, this is terrible and I mean terrible news. If it's the BAE, so be it, but he's not worth more than that.

Actually, the Mavs have bird rights on Powell.  There is no need to spend any MLE on him.  The only issue is the tax line and staying under it for the full MLE.  Lot of moving parts regarding where that line is.  The other option is they do an S&T with Wood for somebody worth more than the MLE and operate in the tax.  At that point they can sign Powell at what they need to and still have the tax MLE.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, Tyler
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 11:35 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I  thought he was an odd draft pick last year but he was very good as a rookie.   Fun fact, Josh Green is almost four years younger than Duarte.

He was an old rookie. Pacers are making some decent moves and still have substantial cap space.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 11:37 AM)mvossman Wrote: Actually, the Mavs have bird rights on Powell.  There is no need to spend any MLE on him.  The only issue is the tax line and staying under it for the full MLE.  Lot of moving parts regarding where that line is.  The other option is they do an S&T with Wood for somebody worth more than the MLE and operate in the tax.  At that point they can sign Powell at what they need to and still have the tax MLE.

Only relevant scenario would be his caphold vs capspace. But that´s the worst case (Kyrie leaves without a sign&trade).
Like Reply