Poll: How many rebounds does the Mavs team as a total get this game? O/U 36.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
71.43%
5 71.43%
Under
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 57: DAL (31-26) vs. SAC (31-24) | 122-114 WIN
(02-11-2023, 07:58 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: So far it seems like Kyrie is calling the plays on both ends of the floor. Also by far the most vocal player on the court. Always talking. Not what I expected but it almost feels like he is the in-game coach. Only thing missing is Kyrie drawing up out of bounds plays.
You see him doing that all game long. It’s impressive. We’ve needed this veteran presence for awhile. Luka will learn so much from him 

Having him utilize the speed of Green and Hardy is really going to accelerate their growth process
Like Reply
kyrie is playing a role similar to that kidd played in 11, while luka's role will resemble dirk's, especially so if he plays more at four. we may still need further moves in the summer before completing the construction of a champion squad though.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 08:52 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: kyrie is playing a role similar to that kidd played in 11, while luka's role will resemble dirk's, especially so if he plays more at four. we may still need further moves in the summer before completing the construction of a champion squad though.
If only Christian Wood would accept his role as JET. He is perfect as an off the bench player that comes out and destroys 2nd units giving us a huge advantage. This is an important role, yet he is pouting on the bench and tweeting his shooting percentages and worrying about his counting stats. It’s sad. Especially when his agent has been spamming every mavs related person with propaganda to try to push for a bigger deal. Many reporters have commented on this

Hardy=JJ
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:08 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: If only Christian Wood would accept his role as JET. He is perfect as an off the bench player that comes out and destroys 2nd units giving us a huge advantage. This is an important role, yet he is pouting on the bench and tweeting his shooting percentages and worrying about his counting stats. It’s sad. Especially when his agent has been spamming every mavs related person with propaganda to try to push for a bigger deal. Many reporters have commented on this

Hardy=JJ
Yeah if there was one thing JET was famous for it was not caring about his next contract
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:08 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: If only Christian Wood would accept his role as JET. He is perfect as an off the bench player that comes out and destroys 2nd units giving us a huge advantage. This is an important role, yet he is pouting on the bench and tweeting his shooting percentages and worrying about his counting stats. It’s sad. Especially when his agent has been spamming every mavs related person with propaganda to try to push for a bigger deal. Many reporters have commented on this

Jet was given his minutes, even if he was a 6th man.
And he was closing games even if his defense wasn't good.
His coach for as far as I can remember (Avery and RC), didn't critisize him in public.

Wood on the other hand, was given a slap in the face even before his first game where Kidd declared Joel as the starting C.
Wood was yanked by Kidd far too many times.
Given Wood's history, I would have expected Wood initating drama and amping it up as early as 10 games in the season.
But relatively, he has been a good soldier even if the Mavs (or should I say primarily Kidd) does not value nor respect him.
T'was only near the TDL did he posted tweets and you all like saying he's been doing it from the start. Same with this pouting.
It's not like he has been like this for so long. With the amount of flak Wood has received, I am surprised he doesn't have any outburst way earlier.

His agent is annoying, but that's his job. The FO is devaluaing his client. If his agent didn't push back I'd be more annoyed.

I have finally accepted that CWood wouldn't be a Mav past this season. He shouldn't be. For his own sake.
But what I have not accepted yet is how Kidd is handling the situation.
Alienating CWood is another dumb move in the long list of dumb moves Kidd has done.

Mavs could win games despite of Kidd and not because of him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:42 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Jet was given his minutes, even if he was a 6th man.
His coach for as far as I can remember (Avery and RC), didn't critisize him in public.

Wood on the other hand, was given a slap in the face even before his first game where Kidd declared Joel as the starting C.
Given Wood's history, I would have expected Wood initating drama and amping it up as early as 10 games in the season.
But relatively, he has been a good soldier even if the Mavs (or should I say primarily Kidd) does not value nor respect him.
T'was only near the TDL did he posted tweets and you all like saying he's been doing it from the start. Same with this pouting.
It's not like he has been like this for so long. With the amount of flak Wood has received, I am surprised he doesn't have any outburst way earlier.

His agent is annoying, but that's his job. The FO is devaluaing his client. If his agent didn't push back I'd be more annoyed.

I have finally accepted that CWood wouldn't be a Mav past this season. He shouldn't be. For his own sake.
Alienating CWood is another dumb move in the long list of dumb moves Kidd has done.

This is a fascinating view of the situation.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:24 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Yeah but he's been trash most of the season, he should be. Wood gets the same level of shit if he even has an average game. While his production is light years ahead of THJ.

Let me know the first time Wood takes a charge. I'll wait.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 08:35 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I was one of the most vocal  Green defenders on this board but after the last playoffs I was done with him. Being unselfish and seemingly not wanting to score are not the same. I wondered if there was a mental block there like Simmons. This year so far ge has been fabulous. I hooe when Luka is back, Josh does not go back thinking that the team doesn’t need him to be a bit more aggressive in looking for his own scoring opportunities.  This team looks totally different when he steps up in the scoring column.

Yes. He has taken a quantum leap for sure from last year.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 10:27 AM)MFFL Wrote: Let me know the first time Wood takes a charge. I'll wait.
Let me know the first time Tim gets a blocked shot. I’ll wait.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:08 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: If only Christian Wood would accept his role as JET. He is perfect as an off the bench player that comes out and destroys 2nd units giving us a huge advantage. This is an important role, yet he is pouting on the bench and tweeting his shooting percentages and worrying about his counting stats. It’s sad.  

A few people lost their minds because he scored a bit against subs last night.  That's the role.  We all know he can score...always has been able to.  He really isn't doing anything here he didn't do in prior stops (and none of those stops ended well).  

If I were to critique his game last night, my concern was more body language than on-court play.  He looked disconnected (especially in the second half).  I wasn't a fan of Wood taking 8 of the team's next 10 shots once THJ and Irving subbed out in the first half.  But, it was Wood and the Scrubs and it makes sense for him to be the focus of the offense.  Once Luka returns there will at least be one of Luka or Kyrie on the floor to dampen the need for Wood to take that heavy of a load.  Despite the volume, almost all of his shots were in the flow of the O.  I'd question maybe two of his shots.  I also thought he was fairly engaged on the Defensive end with the exception of the last play before he was pulled in the 4th.

He didn't get in the second half until :50 left in the quarter (exactly when Sabonis subbed out).  He didn't seem happy.  First timeout he avoided the dap line and went to the end of the bench.  His last timeout before being pulled is the one where McGee and Morris were talking to him as he was clearly frustrated.  The offensive possession before that he seemed angry at Hardy.  Then, on the defensive end he made no effort to protect the rim against a Fox drive (and he was done for the night).  

My concern immediately after the TDL was his emotional intelligence.  It would make sense for him to be hurt by the reality of his situation.  To his credit, he seemed to try hard and contribute on-court.  But his discontent bled through.  He needs to get that together quickly  Minutes are going to get even tighter once Maxi returns.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:44 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So we have such a crushingly dominant roster that we can afford to flush even 18 and 8 off the bench down the toilet? 

Need to quit thinking about players in these terms IMO.

I have no idea what DFS, Maxi, Green, Bullock average in terms of counting stats but you can see why they're valuable rotation players.  For the most part, they dont do stupid things on the court.

Wood might get you an extra 8-10 points but might also mess up 3-4 defensive possessions that gifts those points back to the other team.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:42 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Jet was given his minutes, even if he was a 6th man.

We haven't seen eye to eye on Wood, but I can get behind pretty much all of this if you had stopped at the word 'sake'.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 11:32 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Let me know the first time Tim gets a blocked shot. I’ll wait.

Last block - Jan 22 vs LAC: 2 Blocked Shots

1/22  DATE
LAC   OPP
38     MIN
22     PTS
8      REB
4     REB
1    ORB
0   AST
2   BLK
3  PF
0  TO
8  FGM
17 FGA
47.1% FG%
5  3PM
10 3PA
50% 3P%
1  FTM
4 FTA
25% FT%
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:28 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Last block - Jan 22 vs LAC: 2 Blocked Shots

1/22  DATE
LAC   OPP
38     MIN
22     PTS
8      REB
4     REB
1    ORB
0   AST
2   BLK
3  PF
0  TO
8  FGM
17 FGA
47.1% FG%
5  3PM
10 3PA
50% 3P%
1  FTM
4 FTA
25% FT%
You know the point I was making and it didn’t have anything to do with when the last time was. I mean, if the measure of a player was charges taken, none of the Mavs measure up to THJ.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 05:57 AM)Branduil Wrote: I think they were trying to do this, for a while. The problem is that guys like DFS, THJ, Bullock, McGee etc. just aren't good enough at it, at least not as the first relief valve. Dinwiddie could do it, but a lot of times he just didn't. Same with Wood. I mean the talent problem, and particularly ball-moving talent problem, was very real. So obviously Kyrie helps a lot there, but so does the development of Green and Hardy, and moving them into the rotation.

I don't buy this at all.  Luka running the show leads to a lot of people standing around and waiting for catch and shoot opportunities.
Like Reply
Christian Wood plays 30+ minutes on the best version of the Mavs. If Kidd/front office ever allows it to happen the rest of you will realize it too. When the chips are down and we have to beat teams with actual talent or go home, Dwight and McShaqtin won’t be able to get it done.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 02:05 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Christian Wood plays 30+ minutes on the best version of the Mavs. If Kidd/front office ever allows it to happen the rest of you will realize it too. When the chips are down and we have to beat teams with actual talent or go home, Dwight and McShaqtin won’t be able to get it done.

But Kleber might, and that’s what they’re counting on, my guy.

(02-11-2023, 12:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: none of the Mavs measure up to THJ.

[Image: wow.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 02:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But Kleber might, and that’s what they’re counting on, my guy.

I heard that Kleber and someone is a really good combo
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Chuck Cooperstein on Twitter: "It may look as if the Mavs are playing at a pace akin to the 91 Nuggets, but the numbers say not quite. In the 4 games of this trip (All w/o Luka), their pace is 98 which is > the 96.3 season avg but is still 23rd in @NBA in that time. They are 29th overall. 1/2" / Twitter

Iztok Franko on Twitter: "One thing to keep an eye on...and expectations in check during the Mavs 3-game winning streak. Dallas shot 43% from 3 in these 3 games. 39.5% or better in each of them. And Mavericks opponents shot 30% from three in these 3 games." / Twitter
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Bullock on a bender certainly helps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply