Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
Hardy is our third ball handler. Get a DFS replacement and lets go.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 3 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, Okstate819
Like Reply
What stat do you psychopaths prefer for a players defense?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
DFS is irreplaceable.  Hardy and Josh might just give us a future.  We need a defensive minded big who can rebound.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, MFFL
Like Reply
Watching Green and Hardy tonight makes that trade look even more like an unnecessary panic move.  There was an obvious need for some upgrades.  We were starting 4 subpar defenders which will never work long term.  Timmy needs to go and Dinwiddie needed to either move to his proper position as 6th man or go.  But Green is clearly turning into that legit 2 way starter this team desperately needed, and Hardy is looking like he is going to be a high level 6th man in a season or two.  They didn't really need a superstar, just one or two more quality starters that can play defense, and they were going to have the assets in the offseason to potentially get it.

Now the roster seems even more lopsided.  I'm not sure you can put a top 10 defense on the floor with Luka/Kyrie/Wood.  Its a shame and a little surprising to me that we can't get any value out of Wood in the open market.  It will have to be Green and the best defensive big wing we can find, but I don't think it will be enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
agree hardy will be major force for our second unit, guy fits the 6th man role better than wood and SD. SD been dealt to brooklyn imho.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 12:47 AM)mvossman Wrote: Watching Green and Hardy tonight makes that trade look even more like an unnecessary panic move.

Hey man. Go catch yourself a replay of the game. If your immediate takeaway tonight is negativity about the team, I feel like your DVR must have cut out or something. Watch it again and be happy. These are the good times. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Tyler's post:
  • DallasMaverick, F Gump, MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 01:13 AM)Tyler Wrote: Hey man. Go catch yourself a replay of the game. If your immediate takeaway tonight is negativity about the team, I feel like your DVR must have cut out or something. Watch it again and be happy. These are the good times. Smile

My immediate reaction was not negativity against the team.  It was negativity against an unnecessary trade that looks more unnecessary the more these two take off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 12:17 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: What stat do you psychopaths prefer for a players defense?

I always use a combo to see how good a defender is, because most defensive stats never really paint a whole picture.

For raw stats, Stocks (steals+blocks) is always good to see. A good defender should get a lot of those. 

DPM, Defensive Win Shares, and DRTG I look to see if they all share a similar trend and what percentile that player ranks in each of those advanced stats. 

My absolute favorite though is just what other players shoot when guarded by the guy. Is he holding them to less than 5 percentage points below league average? If yes, and all the other things above tell a similar story, I believe that the guy is a great defender.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, mvossman
Like Reply
Los Angeles Lakers Are In 3-Team Trade Talks To Land Tobias Harris And Furkan Korkmaz (msn.com)

Fake news?
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 07:48 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Los Angeles Lakers Are In 3-Team Trade Talks To Land Tobias Harris And Furkan Korkmaz (msn.com)

Fake news?
Not at all, Harris would be almost exactly the right type of salary filler for a Kyrie SnT. Makes tons of sense for the Lakers.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 07:48 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Los Angeles Lakers Are In 3-Team Trade Talks To Land Tobias Harris And Furkan Korkmaz (msn.com)

Fake news?

Not sure why Philly would do this. I think Harris is better than Bogdanovic/Bagley combo, especially from defensive standpoint. They have enough offense as it is. Is it worth for them to throw picks into this kind of deal?
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:00 AM)omahen Wrote: Not sure why Philly would do this. I think Harris is better than Bogdanovic/Bagley combo, especially from defensive standpoint. They have enough offense as it is. Is it worth for them to throw picks into this kind of deal?
They want salary filler for a Kyrie trade. The article states they want to trade without using picks. Harris is redundant with LBJ, Rui and Davis.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:00 AM)omahen Wrote: Not sure why Philly would do this. I think Harris is better than Bogdanovic/Bagley combo, especially from defensive standpoint. They have enough offense as it is. Is it worth for them to throw picks into this kind of deal?

I also don't see why Detroit would take on Westbrook, in rebuilding mode, unless it has something to do with his $47 million dollar deal coming off the books. Oh wait....
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 06:17 PM)F Gump Wrote: LOL yeah, the mystery illness. All 3 of Ntilikina, Wood, and Bertans are out on sketchy excuses ... so if you put those together, what package or player comes back the other way?

Former Irving teammate Kevin Love?
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:07 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: They want salary filler for a Kyrie trade. The article states they want to trade without using picks. Harris is redundant with LBJ, Rui and Davis.

That would make a lot of sense
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:16 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Former Irving teammate Kevin Love?

How much of an upgrade over Bertans would he be?
8pts 7reb 38.9% FG 35.4% from 3

He had a couple of minor injuries but it feels like he is slowly losing his role with the Cavs. I guess that makes him available for cheap. Don´t think Wood would be included in a package for Love.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply

The trade with the Cavs that makes the most sense for the Mavs in both the short term and long term is THJ for Levert. They can have Green start in place of THJ finally. Which makes LeVert the perfect 6th man, while letting him walk in the offseason, freeing up the 17.8M Timmy would have been on the books for... to help offset some of the cost for Irving... or maximize the capspace available if he's not resigned.

Oh, and Hardy can be the THJ/Levert replacement next year for a measly 1.7M.
[-] The following 3 users Like Smitty's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, MFFL, omahen
Like Reply

Just replicate the title winning Cavs. Irving and Love. THJ equals JR Smith. Powel equals Thompson and Luka equals LeBron Smile

But in all seriousnes, I really hope Love is not what they are looking at. They need defenders above everything. He is supposed to be a great locker room guy, but he is very expensive for that role.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, mvossman
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:07 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: They want salary filler for a Kyrie trade. The article states they want to trade without using picks. Harris is redundant with LBJ, Rui and Davis.

Picks are supposed to be going from Philly to Detroit. Philly doesn't have FRP to trade
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:23 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: How much of an upgrade would he be over Bertans?

8pts 7reb 38.9% FG 35.4% from 3

He had a couple of minor injuries but it feels like he is slowly losing his role with the Cavs. I guess that makes him available for cheap. Don´t think Wood would be included in a package for Love.

Love has lost his role in Cleveland.  The point of the deal for Cleveland is Wood (and to a lesser extent defensive wing Frank).  The cost is taking on Bertans.  There would need to be something coming back from Cleveland. Osman is non-guaranteed next season.  They really need that extra big in the rotation.  Wade plays well, but Wood would complete that part of their rotation IMHO.

Much here depends on the opinion of Wood’s value around the league.  The other part of this is Dallas playing the two-level chess game I mentioned Sunday (players for the current season and expiring contracts in case you have to gun for cap room in the summer).
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, SleepingHero
Like Reply