Poll: Who sits if Wood earns a starting spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Bullock
15.22%
7 15.22%
Javale McGee
56.52%
26 56.52%
Spencer Dinwiddie
28.26%
13 28.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal?
(01-30-2023, 02:00 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2023/01...trade-nba/

from the article:

McGee was historically elite on the glass, but his defense has made him unplayable.

So one of the main reason we signed him he is unplayable.  This does not inspire much confidence.  Seriously, how tough is he going to be to move without giving up an asset?  If we can't move him, is he back on the roster next year?  I can't imagine wasting a spot for him just hoping someone will offer charity to take him off our hands.  
(01-30-2023, 04:35 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: from the article:

McGee was historically elite on the glass, but his defense has made him unplayable.

So one of the main reason we signed him he is unplayable.  This does not inspire much confidence.  Seriously, how tough is he going to be to move without giving up an asset?  If we can't move him, is he back on the roster next year?  I can't imagine wasting a spot for him just hoping someone will offer charity to take him off our hands.  

I keep coming back to this idea that if the Knicks really want Bullock and want to get off of Fournier...McGee would be included.  I also think that Bullock/Hardy is a pretty fair price to pay for Quickley if you're also turning their worst contract into a much easier one to handle.
I like Quickley a lot but would be pretty disappointed in a deal for him that includes Hardy.
https://twitter.com/DMagazine/status/162...3159109632
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • DallasMaverick
https://twitter.com/mikeascotto/status/1...88801?s=46&t=EnZmDPxIlQ814PUgNOP4dA
(01-31-2023, 09:09 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: https://twitter.com/mikeascotto/status/1...88801?s=46&t=EnZmDPxIlQ814PUgNOP4dA

Just looked at a couple of old scouting reports and highlight videos. Undersized big without 3-point range. Can defend and rebound on an NBA level. Is super limited on offense. Above average athlet that fits into the Mavs switch heavy scheme. Popular pre draft comparisation was Kenneth Faried.
Wouldn´t be suprised if he gets a couple of minutes over McGee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Paul Gasol
(01-31-2023, 09:24 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Just looked at a couple of old scouting reports and highlight videos. Undersized big without 3-point range. Can defend and rebound on an NBA level. Is super limited on offense. Above average athlet that fits into the Mavs switch heavy scheme. Popular pre draft comparisation was Kenneth Faried.
Wouldn´t be suprised if he gets a couple of minutes over McGee.

Looks like he played on AJ Lawson's G-league team.   Well, I guess we can say the Mavs have scouted at least one team.
(01-31-2023, 09:30 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well, I guess we can say the Mavs have scouted at least one team

Or, Mavs scouted ONE team Smile

(01-31-2023, 09:24 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wouldn´t be suprised if he gets a couple of minutes over McGee.

Do you really have to remind us what an awesome signing that was Smile
(01-31-2023, 09:34 AM)omahen Wrote: Or, Mavs scouted ONE team Smile

Do you really have to remind us what an awesome signing that was Smile

McGee´s performance yesterday probably was the final straw that forced them to make a move. Game moves too fast for him. Simply unplayable.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Wonder if Silva is about getting a body in here before  an impending trade. It wouldn’t surprise me if a deal happens today as it makes sense to have it happen with two days off before the next game and on a home stand. After Thursday we’re on the west coast until after the deadline. Probably nothing but just a thought.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Okstate819's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
(01-31-2023, 09:53 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: Wonder if Silva is about getting a body in here before  an impending trade. It wouldn’t surprise me if a deal happens today as it makes sense to have it happen with two days off before the next game and on a home stand. After Thursday we’re on the west coast until after the deadline. Probably nothing but just a thought.

Maybe.   But Dallas has a need for a big body and a creator.   Even if it is just for a little bit.  With Wood out short term and Maxi out longer, we are so limited in the front court.   Bertans would fit better here if we had a strong defensive front court.  We don't.   He plays hard, but his minutes are tough...even when he is hitting shots with the current roster configuration.   

Not saying Silva is the answer.   I have no idea.  But an emergency big to play 5-10 minutes against certain matchups or foul trouble is a short term band aid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Okstate819
(01-31-2023, 09:53 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: Wonder if Silva is about getting a body in here before  an impending trade. It wouldn’t surprise me if a deal happens today as it makes sense to have it happen with two days off before the next game and on a home stand. After Thursday we’re on the west coast until after the deadline. Probably nothing but just a thought.

It takes two to tango, but this would certainly be good timing for Dallas.
Finally...I've been wondering what took them so long to start bringing in a player for a 10-day since the roster has been hit with injuries. I would have signed Eric Paschall
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Love Afseth’s eval of the new guy: “lacks tangible strengths offensively.” 

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...e-deadline
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
If the Mavs really want that 2024 capspace and Cuban is not broke, then Gordon Hayward (+McDaniels) is the best available gamble. He sure is trying hard to get out of Charlotte with 14/3/3 on 64/43/93 shooting lately.
(01-31-2023, 09:45 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: If the Mavs really want that 2024 capspace and Cuban is not broke, then Gordon Hayward (+McDaniels) is the best available gamble. He sure is trying hard to get out of Charlotte with 14/3/3 on 64/43/93 shooting lately.

The problem with GH is that he's just not reliable. Those are 4-game numbers --- which are the only games he has played out of the last 13.

Once he plays 5-10 games, then he gets hurt and misses 5 or 10. You can't have 25% of your player spending used up on a player that's going to break down over and over and not play.
https://twitter.com/SDinwiddie_25/status...8314475520
Hayward is washed. He was going to sign with Miami, until MJ upped the ante on his contract. I know Pat Riley is glad he did. He's been hurt ever since he's been in Charlotte. Owed 31 million on the last year of his deal.
[Image: Fn3BZXxagAEc0Pb?format=jpg&name=large]
Getting Hayward is for 2 reasons. Get to the playoffs healthy, if we have to sit him til then, fine. Be a large expiring in the offseason to use for trade. That’s it. Not sure why people think he needs to be more than that. Him being healthy would help us a lot with our issues in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Mavs2021