Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ ORL (3-9) | 87-94 Loss
https://twitter.com/grantafseth/status/1...20321?s=46&t=68ph9lm0zIqzDGJWBciE5g
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:02 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Happiest dude in there is THJ.
Can't even afford to pass to Green on a break.

Green would have dunked that.
I was a fan of Carlisle-THJ, the Kidd version not so much.

That failed 2 on 1 where THJ refused to pass it back to Josh and blew the attempt, subsequently giving the Magic a nice 5 point swing on the transition 3 was brutal.
[-] The following 3 users Like DrMav's post:
  • Paul Gasol, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:13 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Is it possible they have maybe reduced their talent over that time?

Yes.
Like Reply
It just isn't sustainable when your front courts scores such little ammount.   Tonight they had 10 and that included a scoring explosion of 8 with DFS.   I just don't like that mix especially how they are being defended.   We just don't have many options.  But I think eventually something will need to be done, I think.   

Dinwiddie did his part but no one else is a threat unless they have a wide open three or a rim run.    And tonight they didn't shoot well or have any rim runs.
Like Reply
THJ is done. It's possible that the "best" version of him that we saw in the 2021 playoffs was his peak moment as an NBA player and good enough to get his final big contract of his career. He will be 31 this season and coming off a major injury. It's hard to see him being anything more than a 10-12 point chucker at this point.
Like Reply
Also, I am really trying to hold my tongue on Reggie.  I was really rough on that signing the first part of last year and had to eat my words as he played really well as the season went along.  But I still thought he should eventually be a heavy minute bench player and not viewed as a core starter.   I still think that should be his ultimate role, unless we landed another sure all star type.
Like Reply
When you have this little talent, you cannot just let Brunson walk.

Didn’t even consider watching this game. Knew it would be ugly.
Like Reply
You need to have started to be done.  THJ has always been wildly inconsistent and only Carlisle could partially tame his chucking ways.  Good thing we gave him a contract twice what he is worth.
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:22 PM)Chicagojk Wrote:  I just don't like that mix especially how they are being defended.   We just don't have many options.  But I think eventually something will need to be done, I think.   

I'm not tapping the breaks on Green, because at this point, he is the only other (and could be capable) option.

Other than him, Kidd needs to make plays for Wood.
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:14 PM)Smitty Wrote: https://twitter.com/grantafseth/status/1...20321?s=46&t=68ph9lm0zIqzDGJWBciE5g

The sad thing is, the Mavs would love to have any of these players and they'd all be getting big minutes here. Except for Caruso/Campazzo, they're all the same - predictable and limited one dimensional "3 and D" players  Sick
Like Reply
This team without Luka is likely the worst team in the NBA.  I mean they pretty much played without Luka tonight and unfortunately that won’t be the last time for that.  Can’t expect a guy to have a 40% usage rate and be able to bring it every night. 

Only Cuban could follow up colossally screwing up the post 2011 Dirk years with the joke that is this roster around yet another generational talent.
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:27 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: When you have this little talent, you cannot just let Brunson walk.
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:27 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: When you have this little talent, you cannot just let Brunson walk.

It gets better.
Wood walks too.

Another win for Cuban's pockets.
Like Reply
This was a tough game. Ran out of gas. Even Luka couldn't buy a bucket. Needed Wood and his offense badly. 

It's games like these thought that really highlight the lack of offensive talent outside of Din and Luka. This team needs at least another scorer off the dribble. THJ can't be it. Dude is such a low iq ball hog. I tolerated his inefficient chucking because of his tendency to get hot, but he hasn't been able to consistently do that in over 12 months. 

The 2 on 1 fast break where he refused to pass was a perfect example of why he shouldn't have been playing. I'd normally give grace since he's playing hurt, but the poor play came from his choices, not because he was hampered.

Further, Reggie Bullock.... SHEESH. He's been awful for 3 games straight and outside of 2-3 good games, overall BAD. Josh deserves to start over him if he's putting up donuts like this. 

McGee annoyed me as well given that he couldn't be bothered to sprint to the top of the key to set a screen but rather just lazily jogged all night. 

This team needs a spark. I have a feeling there is a lot of players with their mind on getting "theirs", and not about doing what's best for the team. Wood has been called out. McGee has been ass. THJ has been ass. 

Jeez what an easy game to let go.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Its all about the money, money, money...
Wait he paid McGee though
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bibscorner/status/15...12640?s=46&t=68ph9lm0zIqzDGJWBciE5g
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...99424?s=46&t=68ph9lm0zIqzDGJWBciE5g
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 07:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'm all for a THJ pile on after all the support he gets around here

AFTER ALL THE SUPPORT HE GETS AROUND HERE????

There are maybe 30-40 halfway active posters here...@"dirkfansince1998" and I are literally the only two of them who have even tried to say anything complimentary about THJ since this time last year. Everyone else is in full flame on THJ mode 24/7. There are a few people who set an alarm so they can wake up and get one last jab in so the rest of us have something to read when we wake up. 

WHAT IS YOU TALKIN BOUT
Like Reply
What the hell was that?  Can I get my money back?

The Diamond = booty

THJ = booty

Bollock = forgettable 

Javale = lol

Maxi = average

Josh Green should have read the room and tried to do something offensively.  I get that he isnt ready for that and probably was told to stand in the corner...I also get that we were kind of close and still in it...but this team needed someone other than Luka and Spencer tonight.  Green should have got involved somehow or someway even if he failed.  It was a good time to show out in half court offense with a couple of takes to the rim or something.

Spencer needs to kick out more when he drives and nothing is there.  Why try a very contest layup or wild shot?  Just kick out.  He had at least 3 wild attempts tonight.

Why does Luka insist on having these 2 for 11 three point shooting nights?  Like...stop shooting them and do something else or pass.  

We need a secondary offensive plan that involves movement and passing the ball if our primary offensive plan isnt working.
Like Reply
(11-09-2022, 09:49 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Josh Green should have read the room and tried to do something offensively.  I get that he isnt ready for that and probably was told to stand in the corner...I also get that we were kind of close and still in it...but this team needed someone other than Luka and Spencer tonight.  Green should have got involved somehow or someway even if he failed.  It was a good time to show out in half court offense with a couple of takes to the rim or something.

There's only so little one can do when asked to just stand around in the corner.
Only guys who can't dribble should linger there (Bullock, DFS, Maxi, THJ -- LOL there's so many).

And in this game, standing in the corner, Green was at the mercy of a kickout pass from SD who's all hell bent on penetrating the lane (although I commend him for that), and Luka, who looks like he has the 30 point stat in his mind -- way more interested in scoring. And of course, there's THJ who not only bricks 3 pointers but also blows layups (not just this game, but I've seen plenty).

Green rode his role, asking him to shoot at opportunities is one thing, asking him to do anything above his ordinary role is way too soon.

But the culprit with all these happening still falls in the failure of the coaching staff to recognize, THJ isn't helping, so is Bullock. Would have been a good time for the coaching staff to take away Green from the corner as neither THJ nor Bullock is contributing.

As with Wood, Kidd is unable to maximize Green's abilities.
Like Reply