Poll: Do the Mavs hold the Suns to under 100 points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
8 100.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 3: PHX (2-1) vs DAL (1-2) | 94-103 WIN!!!!!!!!
(05-06-2022, 10:47 PM)cow Wrote: Reggie is our most consistent playoff performer.

[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
Crowder full time handchecking. No matter the matchup. Different rule set for him and CP3.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BasketballJones41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
LUKA WITH BACK TO BACK BIG DEFENSIVE PLAYS.

CALL HIM OUT ON HIS DEFENSE AGAIN!!!!!

LETS GO!!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-06-2022, 11:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: LUKA WITH BACK TO BACK BIG DEFENSIVE PLAYS.

CALL HIM OUT ON HIS DEFENSE AGAIN!!!!!

Honestly. He has been pretty bad again. Especially in the 3rd quarter. Even prior to the foul calls Suns targeted him.
Like Reply
Put Maxi in a cyro chamber.
Like Reply
Great win. Time to remove the crutch Dwight Powell. Any deal involving Turner/Powell that does not cost us a 1st round pick would be nice.

THJ/Powell for Turner/McConnell works if you throw in some minimum trash salary.
Turner for Powell/Green works, too.
Like Reply
Brunson was clutch. Luka? Damn man. Get ahold of yourself and just play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • LifeAquatic
Like Reply
Big-time win...avoid the sweep is all I asked for and to do it to finally break the losing streak  Cool
Like Reply
This team has been a tough team all year long and I was expecting fight tonight.  They showed it.  Not always pretty but they fought.

PHX didn't play their best game and I will imagine they play better in game 4, but Mavs can play better too.   

Jalen hit some really tough shots but this team is set for him, Luka and Din to get to the basket.  They need to continue to be aggressive.  If we have any shot, we need to get Din to play better.  He has been awfully quiet this series.

When did this Maxi decide to break out the make closeout defenders pay for bad closeouts?  Nice to see.   

Reggie and DFS with big shots while also carrying heavy load on defense.    Both are the unsung heroes tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(05-06-2022, 12:41 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: BRUNSON BEGINS!  28/5/6

. . .
[-] The following 5 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • Kammrath, MaxiThreeba, SleepingHero, Smitty, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
Great D. The overall mindset today was better and it paid off. D is the key.

Interesting side note: we all voted wrong in the poll.
[-] The following 2 users Like WillE's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Hypermav
Like Reply
(05-06-2022, 12:41 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: BRUNSON BEGINS!  28/5/6

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BoredAssistant, MaxiThreeba, Not an evil robot, Smitty
Like Reply
This was Kleber's most impressive game...even better than the one where he scored 25 against Utah. That game was just him being red hot from three. Tonight, he only made two threes but still scored 14. He was doing it with the all-around game. Driving, pull-up, getting layups. He was giving Ayton and McGee problems when he pump-faked and drove, even just to keep the ball moving and getting the hockey assist
[-] The following 6 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • ballsrchr, mvossman, omahen, ReunionMav, Smitty, WillE
Like Reply
(05-06-2022, 11:10 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: . . .

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=63e6b07ej7vlwzswnv15j53ofq...y.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
DFS and Reggie were low key players of the game. Reggie took Paul completely out.  He and DFS were everywhere and also had solid games on offense.
Like Reply
I’m honestly just glad that I get to watch at least 2 more Mavericks games. I’m going to be sad when this run is over. I’ll spend waaaaaay too much of my time in the ‘roster talk’ thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
Good decisions by Kidd:
  • Sit JG
  • Limit Paul and Bookers shots and let Crowder and Bridges beat you
Tournovers (17-8) were the difference tonight, resulting in more total shots (76-90).
[-] The following 2 users Like WillE's post:
  • Arioch, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(05-06-2022, 11:28 PM)WillE Wrote: Good decisions by Kidd:
  • Sit JG
  • Limit Paul and Bookers shots and let Crowder and Bridges beat you
Tournovers (17-8) were the difference tonight, resulting in more total shots (76-90).

Still kind of pissed he didn't challenge the 5th foul.
Like Reply
Excellent victory driven by great defense. First time in the series Mavs didn't have early foul trouble from key defensive players and I think that was the main difference. Phoenix great from three mostly thanks to Crowder but finally cold from two. Overall, Phoenix was still shooting a bit better and had more rebounds. But Mavs had 12 steals to Phoenix 5, 4 blocks to Phoenix 1 and only 8 turnovers (Phoenix 17). This is what won the game.
Like Reply
(05-06-2022, 08:34 AM)Smitty Wrote: I feel unusually confident about the Mavs chances tonight. Maybe because I just remembered this is arguably the best team in basketball since the ASB. Time for some home cookin'.

Hmm…
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Kammrath
Like Reply