Poll: Who will win this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas Mavericks
66.67%
8 66.67%
LA Clippers
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 57: LAC (27-30) vs. DAL (33-23) | 97-99 loss
(02-12-2022, 10:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That was terrible. Jackson quicker with ball than Brunson without it.

Small problem is Jackson knows in which direction he is running, Brunson does not.

Four points from the whole bench. Big Grin
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 10:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yep.

Now that I think about it. Why was Brunson on the floor. If there ever was an opportunity for situational subs that was it.
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 11:01 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Four points from the whole bench. Big Grin

Ugh.
Like Reply
Mavs were +8 in Luka minutes (and +14 in DFS minutes). Game was lost with those 2 out. Gotta hope Dinwiddie and Bertans help change that.
Like Reply
It's on Luka, he should know he needs to have 51 ppg going forward to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
Honestly, I would have liked Luka to pass there. Bullock was open.
Like Reply
It’s pretty amazing how helpless against the Clipper’s role players most of the Mavs are, except for Luka and and maybe Bullock.  Pretty ridiculous really. The new guys should have gotten some minutes. Hell, Hali and Sabonis played great first night out with their new teams. Whisky Tango Foxtrot.
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 11:01 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Small problem is Jackson knows in which direction he is running, Brunson does not.

Four points from the whole bench. Big Grin

Of course but the seperation Reggie created with speed alone was mindblowing. Looked like Brunson was in slow motion.

(02-12-2022, 11:02 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Honestly, I would have liked Luka to pass there. Bullock was open.

Not sure if they had enough time. 3.4s should be enough for one pass but only if Luka already knows where the ball needs to go.
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 11:04 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It’s pretty amazing how helpless against the Clipper’s role players most of the Mavs are, except for Luka and and maybe Bullock.  Pretty ridiculous really. The new guys should have gotten some minutes. Hell, Hali and Sabonis played great first night out with their new teams. Whisky Tango Foxtrot.
Even without their 2 best players, Clippers have multiple guys who can get their own shot. This is why the Mavs got Dinwiddie.
Like Reply
Fun game...tough loss.    Mavs were a little sloppy in the second half with turnovers that gave the Clippers the lead.  Clippers hit some tough shots late.   Mavs made it a game late and had a shot at the end.  Didn't go in.

I agree with others...Luka and Jalen are going to be worn out if Dinwiddie doesn't really help.   

I know Luka and Mann have had words often, but I really like him.  Championship teams need players like that.   You can find guys...even in the second round.   psst, psst....mavs.   Just a really tough player.   Josh Green...take notes.

Mavs fight their butts off but they really can't run away from teams due to the lack off offense.    When you can't run away from teams....you lose these types of games sometimes.   Even with Bullock playing well it just seems like they really struggle to score.  Man, a trade deadline move to get someone at the 4/5 who can get easy buckets would have helped......I wonder if we tried.
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 11:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Probably not a great sign that the Clippers and Mavericks are fairly evenly matched when the Clippers’ two stars are both not playing.

Hey the Mavs had two stars out as well! Wink
Like Reply
Need Bertans to come in and shoot like he has in previous seasons. I don't care if he's not as good on defense, he's gotta be an upgrade to Kleber. Whether he is still dealing with injuries or his body is breaking down at age 30, Kleber just looks so slow on offense and is useless on that end of the floor if he's not shooting well
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1492709443318202368
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 11:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1492709443318202368

And he’s the player the Mavs need Josh Green to be next year.
Like Reply
I’m shocked to see Klebers 3 point percentage is at 36.5%, feels like he’s been tossing up bricks for weeks now.
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 11:15 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: And he’s the player the Mavs need Josh Green to be next year.

That’s a pretty fair comparison. He needs to be shooting thousands of 3’s over the off season, if he can become at least an average 3 point shooter with his defense, hustle and decent playmaking skills he would be a very valuable player.
Like Reply
4-3 in this stretch when they were without THJ and KP is as good as you can ask for. The schedule will get a little tougher and they will have to work on adding the new players into the rotation so we could be in for a few more losses
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 11:15 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: And he’s the player the Mavs need Josh Green to be next year.

Don’t get your hopes up. Bob The Gambler really fucked that pick up.
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 10:50 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Maxi and Dodo absolute trash tonight.

I didn’t see the game. But the box score says Mavs +14 in the 39 minutes DFS played. That means the 9 minutes without him were -16. So it really couldn’t be DFS who cost us the game.
Like Reply

Their offensive games are miles apart.
Like Reply