Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
I owe mavsluvr an apology.  Eat fatboy Luka. Eat. I don’t care anymore. At least when they trade Luka I know the other team will be getting a fat out of shape player like Harden. Either way we won’t be getting anything good back.
Like Reply
On a positive note. At least the Mavs get 4-5 additional possessions per game on offense. Just eliminating KP´s post ups and isos should improve the offense if Luka and Brunson (maybe Dinwindie) get the touches.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie is a guard coming from ACL injury who is doing horrible, he also seem to be one of those who thinks too highly of themselves. 
There is 2 possibilities:
-Injury has done him for good, no regaining value
-it is a process of "a year to get healthy, a year to get in form"
Here is the thing though, he had tore ACL and MCL and partially tore his medial meniscus back in 2014. 
Sure it was in the other foot, but the body coming back from 2 of those knee injury isn't easy. I think the 1st option is more likely, sadly
Like Reply
Nico is a Puppet. FU Cuban.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:27 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I hated KP more here more than I hate this trade so I am finding the silver lining in that. 

The Mavs got two guys that fit better with what we need and better movable contracts. 

Hopefully THJ is next.

I wouldn't classify Bertan's contract as better or more easily moveable.  I wouldn't be so sure on Dinwiddie either.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRW-tfeIxfs&ab_channel=UtilitySports
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I would take Bertans over him and stated as much over a year ago when WAS interest in KP first leaked. I truly think if healthy, Bertans is the better player to put alongside Luka.

If KP's in rehab, it doesn't take much for Bertans to be the better player. Seems like there was a ground swell of interest in Bertans last year, but I may be mis-remembering.

I'm hoping he's like THJ, who really stepped up after the trade and a new team environment. He is a career 40% 3pt shooter, after all. And they word was DAL was looking for more shooters.

Dinwiddie is more of a head scratcher. Maybe he was the cost of getting off KP's contract and you hope Kidd's staff can find a way to make him useful.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:27 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I hated KP more here more than I hate this trade so I am finding the silver lining in that. 

The Mavs got two guys that fit better with what we need and better movable contracts. 

Hopefully THJ is next.

What about their contracts is moveable?

A 35M dollar cake of sh*t is still just sh*t, even if you cut the cake in half.

Only thing you did is extend the expiration date, so you can keep one  half of the sh*t cake in your fridge for an extra year until 2025.

I can tell you exactly how these contracts are moveable. You attach one unprotected 1st round pick to each and then they are gone.  Shy
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • hakeemfaan, haveitall, MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MikeBacsik/status/1491872740143517701?s=20&t=C6E6mgSlazMBycm1d35ihw
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • AgGiE1991, BoredAssistant, fifteenth
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeBacsik/status/1491872740143517701?s=20&t=C6E6mgSlazMBycm1d35ihw

Maybe the Lakers would say no, but why not package KP + Bullock (they were sniffing around Josh Richardson) for Westbrook?  The obvious answer is that hurts the team this year but if we want to build, let's get to it quick and all the moves today mean we have no shot at a title run.  Rip the bandage off quick.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:34 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: What about their contracts is moveable?

A 35M dollar cake of sh*t is still just sh*t, even if you cut the cake in half.

Only thing you did is extend the expiration date, so you can keep one  half of the sh*t cake in your fridge for an extra year until 2025.

I can tell you exactly how these contracts are moveable. You attach one unprotected 1st round pick to each and then they are gone.  Shy

I think the important part is that it is easier to match salaries. Also doubled the chances of some kind of improvement.  Shit isn´t turning into gold but maybe the Mavs can use them as a fertilizer.
Like Reply
This is Karma for laughing at the Kings. We Mavs fans know we have the worst front office. Sure they missed out on Luka. We got Luka and will still find a way to screw this up.  That takes some special talent.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • ItsGoTime, MrGoat, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I think Mavs had chance to go all the way with KP healthy. Can Bertans or Dinwiddie contribute anything this season at all? This seems bad. What type of player is Dinwiddie?
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:37 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: This is Karma for laughing at the Kings. We Mavs fans know we have the worst front office. Sure they missed out on Luka. We got Luka and will still find a way to screw this up.  That takes some special talent.

I still think the Kings did fine.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:38 PM)burekemde Wrote: What type of player is Dinwiddie?

Less athletic Westbrook
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think the important part is that it is easier to match salaries.

Yes. 

And, right or wrong, the Mavs clearly expect to have more luck getting something out of either Dinwiddie, Bertans or even both on the court in the meantime than they thought they could get out of KP. 

My biggest regret is that this didn't go down at the LAST TDL or over this past summer, now that we know what they were gong to have to settle for (the debate on KP's value is over).
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
The Mavs poured a TON of energy into showcasing and making KP as good as possible....and so we have seen "peak" KP with Luka here and it was completely underwhelming. 

I would bet a lot of $$$ that Bertans and Dinwiddie are going to look TONS better playing with Luka and after a year we will look back on this trade with a lot of understanding.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth, khaled1987, michaeltex, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:39 PM)Jym Wrote: Less athletic Westbrook

he cant shoot the 3? I wonder the potential fit with Luka? I guess this is more a player that would fit with bench unit and run the offense when Luka doesnt play?
Like Reply
I think the worst thing about this, honestly, is that Brunson is probably gone this summer. 

This trade has "we're worried about losing Brunson" written allll over it, imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yes. 

And, right or wrong, the Mavs clearly expect to have more luck getting something out of either Dinwiddie, Bertans or even both on the court in the meantime than they thought they could get out of KP. 

My biggest regret is that this didn't go down at the LAST TDL or over this past summer, now that we know what they were gong to have to settle for (the debate on KP's value is over).

Unless KP's knee is worse than reported, that seems like more terrible evaluation from the Mavs.

Leave it to Mark Cuban to have me defending KP.
Like Reply