Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS
(02-10-2022, 02:56 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: I will take the Mavs' chances of rehabilitating Bertans/Dinwiddie as respected role players on a winning team over KP ever making a significant impact ever again. 

I agree with this. 

I think I still would've preferred a more traditional salary dump of Porzingis, but who knows - maybe they tried to find one and couldn't. If this was truly the best they could get for him this year, when he has played fairly well at times, it's probably the best they were ever going to get.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, HoosierDaddyKid, Kammrath
Like Reply
Cuban is worse at this than Jerry.
[-] The following 3 users Like SatnamSingh's post:
  • MrGoat, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 02:57 PM)SatnamSingh Wrote: That's why I was pumped for the Dragic + salary filler + picks offer from Toronto.

That idea I saw with Precious in it would've been amazing. Probably wasn't really on the table.

(02-10-2022, 02:59 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Dallas has gaping holes at C and a starting PF.  I would hope if they were thinking about this move they would protect themselves a little.   Needs to be something else coming in right?   Doesn't make sense

I don't think they agree with you about the holes, my guy. Not saying you're wrong.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/...7342349313
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
The on-court return isn't great, but Kristaps was a locker room problem too.  This is addition by subtraction, IMO, plus it's easier to get off of two bad smaller contracts than that massive albatross hanging around KP's neck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kidnova's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsDraft/status/149...0181143556
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 02:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status...7911062531

We will see.   This move lowers the upside of Dallas.   Will KP be able to stay healthy?  Who knows.   But I would have been fine with a Dragic buyout and pushing this down the line.   I am not a Dinwiddie fan and Bertans is a bench player, if he can regain his touch.    Just a really bad look.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:01 PM)SatnamSingh Wrote: Cuban is worse at this than Jerry.

They aren't in the same hemisphere.  Jerry's problem isn't getting/retaining talent or having an attractive destination and the Cowboys actually draft really well now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Been a Mavs fan since 2002.
This is the worst trade they made in 20 years I've been a fan.

Absolute worst.

You ought to have an FRP back by taking Bertrans, or at least, 2 seconds.
SD will affect JB's decision to re-sign. I think now, he won't. Better hope for a sign and trade then.
Defense got worst, no hope of rim protection, first round exit is a high probability.
Should have held on to KP and traded him in the off season.
[-] The following 4 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:02 PM)Kidnova Wrote: The on-court return isn't great, but Kristaps was a locker room problem too.  This is addition by subtraction, IMO, plus it's easier to get off of two bad smaller contracts than that massive albatross hanging around KP's neck.

KP's been a pro so I don't think that's a fair label.  It also sounds like the Wizards locker room wanted Bertans the hell off the team.
  • MrGoat
Like Reply
This could be a chess move so I am cool with. Shooting and a creator and Bertans will bounce back on the shooting thing. 

I can get behind this deal but it does seem like we could have gotten Gafford or someone else but hopefully Nurkic gets bought out and he fills the need at center. 

I just wish we could have gotten a future pick out of the deal. 

So we could be theoretically add:

Bertans
Dinwiddie 
Nurkic (If bought out)
Dragic
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 02:55 PM)cow Wrote: We'll be showering in FRPs when Luka asks to get traded.

No, Cuban won't accept them and will take garbage players instead
[-] The following 2 users Like khaled1987's post:
  • Mavs2021, MrGoat
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:04 PM)cow Wrote: KP's been a pro so I don't think that's a fair label.  It also sounds like the Wizards locker room wanted Bertans the hell off the team.

The Mavs have done as much PR control as they could, but it's been pretty obvious for a couple years that KP and Doncic don't really gel on or off the court.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kidnova's post:
  • Fuerza1, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Omg just got off a plane. Wtf, horrible return, and we sent a pick?!?
[-] The following 2 users Like DrMav's post:
  • MFFL, MrGoat
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:05 PM)Kidnova Wrote: The Mavs have done as much PR control as they could, but it's been pretty obvious for a couple years that KP and Doncic don't really gel on or off the court.

Not gelling =/= KP being a locker room problem.
  • MrGoat
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:04 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: No, Cuban won't accept them and will take garbage players instead

Cuban probably has an allergic reaction to getting FRPs.  That’s my only explanation.  We will give up FRPs in a Luka trade and the excuse will be that we did it so that the other team agreed to take on his max contract.
[-] The following 4 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Mavs2021, MrGoat, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:06 PM)cow Wrote: Not gelling =/= KP being a locker room problem.

If you say so, but I think there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know, and this trade doesn't do anything to make me think otherwise.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie has looked toast this year.  Better hope he's been pulling a Harden to get traded because even the good version of Dinwiddie from before his ACL tear wasn't that good.  If we're getting the current version...
Like Reply
Go get Nic Claxton, Holmes, Wood, SOMETHING. I'm not watching this team give up 15+ OReb a game. WHAT A FUCKING DISGRACE.
Like Reply
(02-10-2022, 03:07 PM)Kidnova Wrote: If you say so, but I think there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know, and this trade doesn't do anything to make me think otherwise.

The trade is a reflection of his health and impact on the team.  It has little to do with me "saying so" and more of you being careless with your assertations.  There is plenty to be critical of KP about without introducing that.
  • SatnamSingh
Like Reply