Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka (+7, 41 pts, 14 rbd, 7 ast, Game-icing three)
93.75%
30 93.75%
KP (-2, 18 pts, 7 rbd, Game Icing FT's))
0%
0 0%
Jalen (+4, 8 pts, 3 rbs, 4 ast)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+6, 9 pt, 6 rbs, great D)
3.13%
1 3.13%
THJ (-1, 16 pts, 7-10 shooting)
3.13%
1 3.13%
Josh Green (-4, 5 pts, 1 rbd, 1 ast, hit a corner 3!)
0%
0 0%
Powell (+0, 2 pts, 2 rbd, 2 ast, great defensive rotations)
0%
0 0%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 45 DIRKIE: Luka Magic! (94%)
Ok I am enjoying what I am reading and then I get absolutely shocked! I have just seen a little Powell love. 

I too have noticed his improved effectiveness defending the perimeter and the pick and roll. I first noticed when he got some stops on Karl Anthony Townes several games ago. He is really getting better.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReunionMav's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 12:14 AM)ReunionMav Wrote: Ok I am enjoying what I am reading and then I get absolutely shocked! I have just seen a little Powell love. 

I too have noticed his improved effectiveness defending the perimeter and the pick and roll. I first noticed when he got some stops on Karl Anthony Townes several games ago. He is really getting better.

Dwight might be the player profiting the single most in the "new rules" on the defensive end.
He was hit with silly foul-calls all the time. These are all non-calls now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mapka's post:
  • KillerLeft, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 12:40 AM)Mapka Wrote: Dwight might be the player profiting the single most in the "new rules" on the defensive end.

Nice point. I imagine medium sized, switchable bigs like Powell all over the league have enjoyed the change in officiating this season.
Like Reply
Dare I say that Dwight has been sneaky good for a stretch of games starting around the time that all the COVID hardships started happening?
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 12:47 AM)cow Wrote: Dare I say that Dwight has been sneaky good for a stretch of games starting around the time that all the COVID hardships started happening?

It makes me happy for Mak and Dougie
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Ok who is the one who voted for DFS? Cow? Show yourself!
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 12:51 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Ok who is the one who voted for DFS? Cow? Show yourself!

It was @"cow". He told us!
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 12:51 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Ok who is the one who voted for DFS? Cow? Show yourself!

[Image: 200.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, Scott41theMavs, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
Luka broke the curve tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Now show the two dunks he missed.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
People will claim this was a bad/quiet Brunson game with 4-11 FG, but he guarded FFV nearly all night and also 1 on 1, no doubles. Holding him to 4-20 FG.

I can't remember who guarded FFV in the past under Rick. Felt a bit like Kidd used Brunson as FFV's lapdog. Brunson was glued to him all night. Interesting choice.
[-] The following 3 users Like sefant's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Fuerza1, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 02:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Now show the two dunks he missed.

[Image: tumblr_p9umjiEUke1w8f7y5o7_500.gifv]
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Its the Don, the GOAT.

At the start of game, Barnes was covering Luka tightly, I thought Barnes would give him a tight matchup with that length and athleticism. Luka was physical from the very beginning and throughout the game. At the end of game, Luka wore down Barnes so extensively over the course of this game, that at the very end Barnes was several meters away from Luka on numerous plays, almost giving up on trying to cover him.

What a stark contrast compared to early in the game where Barnes was in the face of Luka. Best comparison to this is a boxing match. Where you protect tightly your head in the beginning but as you wear down taking many hits, you can't even hold your hands up at the end. That was totally Barnes. The last two baskets was the KO move for the win.

Barnes got quiet a lesson. But Barnes is really impressive, he will become a lock down defender and big name in the league. There is absolutely no question about it. I'd throw in a lot for a trade for that guy. Barnes will and is already having an impact in this league.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  • fifteenth, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 02:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Now show the two dunks he missed.

He didn´t miss. He generated offensive rebounds to extend the possessions. Angry
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • cow, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Even though this race is too close to call, God King concedes to Luka.  Is he not generous?
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
[Image: joaquin-phoenix-commodus.gif]
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • cow, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 12:22 PM)cow Wrote: Even though this race is too close to call, God King concedes to Luka.  Is he not generous?

Yep. Luka with a 100% vote share!

14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I thought this would be unanimous vote. I was wrong.
Like Reply