Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Grizzlies
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 42: DAL (23-19) @ MEM (30-15) | 112-85 win
NO! THREES! LUKA! M! V! P!
Like Reply
From slow and sloppy to unstoppable force in a couple of minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
DFS has had another gem of a game on defense.
Like Reply
When Luka took his 6th and final three, the score was 65-64 with 6:14 left in the 3rd. Since then the Mavs have gone on a 38-14 run.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
Maybe Luka got fed up with all of the Morant hype.

I think this game shows us, you don't freaking trade DFS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Memphis is shell shocked. Well, it was going to end sooner or later.
Like Reply
To me, this would be a better win than even the Warriors and Bulls - except that the Grizz were SEGABABA.
Like Reply
Guys I can confirm I have taken that Delta 8 and in this moment I love Dwight Powell. Amazing.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
Interesting game tomorrow. B2B and playing the worst team in the league. Let´s hope that means extended voluntary developmental minutes for Green/Ntilikina/Brown.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, KillerLeft, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 10:07 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Want to see a better effort here after it appeared the team took last game off. That would be more forgivable if they were circling this one to end Memphis' win streak

Looking like the case here. Fine, they're forgiven for taking the New York game off... until they get lazy again
Like Reply
Chriss feasting in the dunker spot.

Bullock 10 boards, +31.
Like Reply
Luka > Ja
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
What a great win
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Nice turnaround. First quarter was bad. Lacked effort and focus. Second quarter was mediocre. Second half was nearly flawless (except for the 3-point shooting).
Grizzlies running out of gas probably played a role but I think the defense deserves a lot of credit.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...6931049476
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...6183016449
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Just imagine if we could replace the absent KP and the almost-might-as-well-be-absent THJ with a couple of better-fitting players. Even better.

Don't trade DFS. Don't trade Brunson. Re-sign them, and get the money by shedding salary in those KP and THJ deals (e.g., a useful player and an expirer in each deal).
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Paul Gasol, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(01-15-2022, 12:11 AM)Kammrath Wrote: When Luka took his 6th and final three, the score was 65-64 with 6:14 left in the 3rd. Since then the Mavs have gone on a 38-14 run.

Can someone c&p this on his locker?  

I am not against him shooting 3s but bad 3s have to go.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Kammrath
Like Reply
Luka is reminding/silencing all the haters that he is top 5 player on the planet. Many of them even turn 180 degrees quickly from Luka critics (he should even be traded) into "I told you Luka is the best" mode. It's all about trying to receive some attention as they can't get it other ways. And they will keep turning again 180 degrees once Luka misses a free throw in the next game against a lower opponent. 

Once it gets really competitive, a slight playoff-like intensity as we saw in some of recent games, it is clear Luka is several levels above Morant. In a grinding physical game like this one (and also GS, Bulls and now Memphis) Luka is Luka - This is by far the best and most physical Luka to date. Morant should add a lot more weight and be more physical like Luka, and in addition he is clearly lacking a ton of skills and bbIQ to reach to Luka levels and dominate inside where it matters the most in these types of games.

Luka dominated in the second half, and Memphis only hope was to double him. Luka distributed the ball well in those situations which lead to multiple "hockey assists". I really think the team has improved in taking of the situations where Luka is doubled. Powell often received the ball from Luka and quickly distributed it to an open shooter outside. This was a massive issue early in the season, and the team didnt perform at all well when Luka was doubled which explained many of the bad +/- and lost games early on.

There is yet another gear to Luka come playoff time, this is also clear, and this makes Mavs all more scary. Dallas is contending this year! In fact, any team having a Luka has a chance to go all the way, any given season. Luka can't sustain a whole season at his 100% intensity and needs to protect his ankle and I believe he has been a lot better this season to chose his battles, to perform in higher gears against the best opponents. Its clear that he is saving the best for playoffs and this is smart.

Regarding contention, missing on that Desmond Bane pick is a HUGE DISASTER for Mavs as a franchise. This was clear almost for two season and is once again. It can very well be the reason we don't go all the way this season and many of the next ones. People told that Bane has no wing span and cant play in NBA! Well, that has turned out really bad... The difference between Bane and Green is just staggering. I love the small flashes Green has brought in recent games, as we need that contribution from this pick all we can get, but it is all more clear that Bane is consistent near all-star level player that contributes consistently every single game. Green is/will have many games like this one unfortunately. Bane would have been even more amazing next to Luka than he is next to Morant. The team would be a lot more dangerous with that kind of elite shooter and player next to Luka.

Really missing ML recaps.

EDIT: Luka fit with Brunson is AMAZING. Brunson a player to keep at all costs. What I mentioned so many times, the extra Space Luka gives to Brunson, he is so amazing in taking advantage of that not only by shooting but also by easier penetration into the paint by Brunson where he dominates. Happened so many times yesterday again. Luka and Brunson should be Mavs players for rest of the career. Build around the two.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
I didn't see the Knicks game but was really disappointed when I saw the results.   Really nice win last night.   The Grizz were on their 3 game in 4 nights, so I am sure that played a part.  But every team is going through something.  Need to win the game.   I still think the Grizz are the more connected and better team right now.   

Maybe when Luka plays like that, all the rest looks better.   Not sure.   

Brunson had a really nice game again.  I thought in the first quarter he was not nearly involved.  He had 9 assists, but really could have had 13-14 imo.   Chriss was also a factor.  I was surprised he only got 6 minutes in the first half and Powell got the majority of the center minutes.   I would like to see Chriss with more groups to see how he does.  I hope his minutes don't evaporate when KP comes back.   I really like the smaller, faster lineups.   It will be interesting when KP comes back if it can work or if it will remain clunky.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • burekemde, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply