Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Maxi (+14, 18 pts, 1 blk, 2 ast, 4 rbd, 6-9 threes)
14.81%
4 14.81%
Luka (+26, 22 pts, 14 ast, 14 rbd, 4 TOs, 8-23 shooting)
22.22%
6 22.22%
JG (+9, 18 pts career high, 1 ast, 6 rbd, 8-10 shooting, Bane-revenge-tour)
62.96%
17 62.96%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40 DIRKIE: Winner JG (63%) | Runner-ups Luka (22%) & Maxi (15%)
I just noticed that Bane was not in the poll...Kamm is fired...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 2 users Like ClutchDirk's post:
  • Kammrath, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 09:56 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Josh "not-timid-anymore-and-thanks-to-Bane-insults" Green

Back on Dec 27....

https://twitter.com/SnackPr0tein/status/...7854448645
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
God King has a career long consecutive game streak of scoring in double figures.

[Image: tough-crowd-comedian.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:00 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I just noticed that Bane was not in the poll...Kamm is fired...

Might want to check your prescription...

[Image: trailer-park-boys-shocked.gif]
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:03 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Might want to check your prescription...

[Image: trailer-park-boys-shocked.gif]

As an actual vote as a player...should have been 4 choices... Big Grin
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1480373954380550145
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 09:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I genuinely scoffed when Dan edited my post last dirkie thread calling Josh Green an NBA starter. After 2 games where he could do no wrong I might be joining the band wagon.

Dan knows things Smile

At the beginning of the season I said Josh was the most available path we have to a plus starter (or something close).  It was a comment on our assets as well as the potential I saw even last season.

BTW, this is one of the hardest Dirkie votes I can remember.  As proud of Green as I am, Maxi deserves props too.
[-] The following 5 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Kammrath, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs, Tyler
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:08 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Dan knows things Smile

At the beginning of the season I said Josh was the most available path we have to a plus starter (or something close).  It was a comment on our assets as well as the potential I saw even last season.

BTW, this is one of the hardest Dirkie votes I can remember.  As proud of Green as I am, Maxi deserves props too.

The real question is now that Green is rounding into form, do we make THJ hyper available and let Green fill in his role or is it too early? Also what can we even get from a THJ trade and what should the focus be? A better wing? A THJ replacement? A better backup center?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:08 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Dan knows things Smile

I think all members would agree with this... Smile

I also tried to convince others earlier this season for Point Green...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 09:56 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Can't complain about Fat Luka who's getting it done despite him being overwe... (nevermind).. But he is playing not-so-fat anymore. 

Well he looks the same fat as he was. Unfortunately. He still can not score as he should/could, throtlle still at 70% and ... . But the rest of the team is not faty any more, great coach job done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukTheShadow's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The real question is now that Green is rounding into form, do we make THJ hyper available and let Green fill in his role or is it too early? Also what can we even get from a THJ trade and what should the focus be? A better wing? A THJ replacement? A better backup center?

It's addition by subtraction regardless. If you get a big in return, that's more minutes for many better players - not just Green, but Brunson, Frank, Bullock, SBrown...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:12 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Well he looks the same fat as he was. Unfortunately. He still can not score as he should/could, throtlle still at 70% and ... . But the rest of the team in not faty any more, great coach job done.

It is unfortunate....but on another level, we know that Luka can be SOOOO much better than he is now. If he gets it together with body, shooting, and shot selection the Mavs I THINK will be real (low-level) contenders immediately.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:13 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: It's addition by subtraction regardless. If you get a big in return, that's more minutes for many better players - not just Green, but Brunson, Frank, Bullock, SBrown...

I don't know if I'm there yet. And that's saying a lot given how often I bang my head into my TV when THJ is playing. He's a streaky shooter that's definitely in a long term cold spell right now. He's also making several low IQ plays. BUT there has to come a point where he can't miss right? Supernova THJ makes the Mavs nigh impossible to beat. 

And that's when the Mavs should capitalize on his trade value. I hope he gets hot the next 3 weeks because a super hot THJ might just carry enough value for a Grant or dare I say Sabonis.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It is unfortunate....but on another level, we know that Luka can be SOOOO much better than he is now. If he gets it together with body, shooting, and shot selection the Mavs I THINK will be real (low-level) contenders immediately.

Agree. But I would not go so far, small steps. First mavs have to continue with this path and successfully incorporate their swiss knife into their game and if they do, then .... Smile
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't know if I'm there yet. And that's saying a lot given how often I bang my head into my TV when THJ is playing. He's a streaky shooter that's definitely in a long term cold spell right now. He's also making several low IQ plays. BUT there has to come a point where he can't miss right? Supernova THJ makes the Mavs nigh impossible to beat. 

And that's when the Mavs should capitalize on his trade value. I hope he gets hot the next 3 weeks because a super hot THJ might just carry enough value for a Grant or dare I say Sabonis.

THJ's trade value is what it is.  Look at the teams that wanted him the offseason (Detroit, Pelicans).  THJ + a FRP might not get you Grant but I don't think that's too far off the mark either.  A big "no thank you" to Sabonis.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
And props to the refs
Only 22 freethrows between both teams.

I'm sure it frustrated Luka but such a pleasant viewing experience without the marathon to the line
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The real question is now that Green is rounding into form, do we make THJ hyper available and let Green fill in his role or is it too early? Also what can we even get from a THJ trade and what should the focus be? A better wing? A THJ replacement? A better backup center?

Tough call.  Do you break up this chemistry now, or wait until the summer when you can deal him at the draft with the pick we just made.

If we add a PG, he can't push Brunson to the bench...poor retention strategy.

Do we have enough at the wing positions with DFS, Bullock and Green in a playoff rotation?  Maybe, if DFS doesn't have to play PF as much.  Might be better to give Green another year before counting on him for heavy minutes in a playoff game.

Grant, heck even Thaddeus Young would help on nights DFS has foul trouble.  He defends and passes really well.  Imagine if we hadn't traded Barnes right now.  We never really spent his cap room after swinging and missing on Walker (and apparently Lowry).  I was listening to Barnes and Grant being compared on a podcast the other day as an addition to the Bulls in a deal involving Patrick Williams.  The conclusion of the host was Barnes was the better fit mainly because Barnes is better from three and more of Grants game comes from the mid-range (which Chicago has in spades already).
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 10:45 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: wait until the summer when you can deal him at the draft with the pick we just made.

Do you really think that THJ's value is that low that a 1st has to be attached to move him??
Like Reply

THJ should be available.
JB has taken over the THJ role. You can't have a combo of Luka-JB-THJ on the court and have a defense that is average.

The replacement? A player who can bring up the ball, dribble drive, make plays for others and himself, preferably can defend and shoot the 3 decently.
Doesn't have to be a true PG, can be a combo guard or a point forward.

But if you can't find that..

Package THJ with a big or two (just don't include Maxi) and get a young player with potential (but hasn't lived up to it), somewhat like Frankie who just needs a new environment. Plus a bigman upgrade for salary matching purposes.

THJ+WCS+Moses for Olynyk+Hayes+Josh Jackson (you can just waive Jackson after).
Like Reply
Getting off of Barnes was the correct decision even if the trade was kind of bad.  Barnes is a nice player but it's hard to go from having the keys to the franchise to be strapped into the baby seat.
  • Kammrath
Like Reply