Poll: How do you grade this signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
"A" - Bargain deal on a great player!
4.00%
2 4.00%
"B" - Good deal. This is what you have to pay for great shooters.
54.00%
27 54.00%
"C" - Slight overpay, but the fit and player are good.
28.00%
14 28.00%
"D" - There were better players and options, but the contract will be fine.
12.00%
6 12.00%
"F" - Big overpay on a terrible player!
2.00%
1 2.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FA: Reggie Bullock to DAL for 3 yrs/$30.5M (using MLE)
As soon as Nike releases the new Reggie Bullock sneaker, I’ll be first in line for the doors to open.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Perhaps the Mavs wouldn't be able to sign the guys they are signing without overpaying.

DAL is not a FA destination. It has never been and never will be.

Amen, as soon as Cuban or Nico or whoever realizes this perhaps the FO will finally start to build through the draft or through trades. This anticipating free agency crap is getting old.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 08:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: DAL is not a FA destination. It has never been and never will be.

Then we need to stop acting like we can be one
[-] The following 2 users Like khaled1987's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, MrGoat
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/profitxai/status/142...40/photo/1
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • TXBamanut
Like Reply
So what are people complaining about?
We signed a MLE level guy to the MLE

We would have been much better off if we did more moves like this the past several years
[-] The following 6 users Like Jym's post:
  • embellisher, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, Sigma4Life, SleepingHero, TXBamanut
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSoHFDfAG94

Clutch shooting. Good defense.

Yep how dare the Mavs for signing the guy.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
  • Sigma4Life
Like Reply
I like the signing. DFS has needed some help for a while now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • AgGiE1991
Like Reply
For those who have short memories, the Mavs had the Clippers beaten until LA went small and Dallas couldn't match up. Adding a veteran, playoff tested, starting caliber, legit 3&D wing who can shoot changes that. 

Obviously doesn't solve everything, but Bullock is an excellent signing. Sterling Brown too.
[-] The following 5 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • embellisher, Jommybone, omahen, Sigma4Life, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I wanted Bullock a couple of years ago. He's a good signing for the money.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:12 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: playoff tested,

9 total playoff games shooting 34.5% from three certainly change things.
Like Reply
2020-2021

O-On/Off: +1.4
D-On/Off: -1.1

O-LEBRON: -1.12
D-LEBRON: -0.06

O-RAPTOR On/Off: -0.5
D-RAPTOR On/Off: +0.1 

ORPM: -1.80
DRPM: +3.74 (7th in the whole NBA)

2019-2020

O-On/Off: -1.9
D-On/Off: +2.8

O-LEBRON: -0.99
D-LEBRON: -0.44

O-RAPTOR On/Off: -1.7
D-RAPTOR On/Off: +0.4

ORPM: -0.25
DRPM: -0.28

His DRPM from this year is ELITE....but it looks like a statistical outlier, so not sure how much stock to put in it. Other than that one number he overall just looks like an average NBA player on both ends, maybe slightly better on the D end.

I am pretty "MEH" or "BLAH" on using the full MLE for him....BUT maybe there are some numbers that reveal that he is a better defender than I am seeing, AND you can't argue with 41% from three (39% for career). I need to watch him more for myself, don't have a large enough eye test sample size to say much else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Also, keep in mind that a year ago the MBT were trying to money whip Jae Crowder for something like $17M/yr. That's how desperate we were. 

Bullock has similar capabilities and is getting paid similarly to Crowder right now. Fair deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • embellisher, Sigma4Life
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:18 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Also, keep in mind that a year ago the MBT were trying to money whip Jae Crowder for something like $17M/yr. That's how desperate we were. 

Bullock has similar capabilities and is getting paid similarly to Crowder right now.

Mavs had no capspace. They offered him the MLE but refused to match the extra years Phoenix offered.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 9 total playoff games shooting 34.5% from three certainly change things.

Obviously.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:12 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: For those who have short memories, the Mavs had the Clippers beaten until LA went small and Dallas couldn't match up. Adding a veteran, playoff tested, starting caliber, legit 3&D wing who can shoot changes that. 

He has played a total of 189 minutes career playoff at the age of 3o in 9 games, 4 of those happened 5 years ago.
Last playoff he shot 34.5% from 3PT in 5 games losing effort to the 5th seed. I didn't watch much of the series but raw numbers doesn't show he did well during playoff test.

For me, he isn't a good or bad signing in vacuum, I think we need to see how all the moving pieces will look like during next week.
Like Reply
Keep in mind Boban started while Kleber and JRich combined for 15 minutes and shot 0-3 in game 7.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • Sigma4Life
Like Reply
I will say the Knicks fans have a lot of nice things to say about him.    

He appears pretty limited off the dribble, but in the highlights I liked how he found the open space to make himself available to get an open look.   

Knicks fans also said he was good on defense.

https://twitter.com/NotJackKemp/status/1...0908508163
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 09:25 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Keep in mind Boban started while Kleber and JRich combined for 15 minutes and shot 0-3 in game 7.

I don't know how I feel about Maxi. His defense in the regular season is invaluable. 

But come playoff time he morphs into a player that cannot score if he tried and his defense regresses. I could be convinced it's time to move on from him.
  • DrMav
Like Reply
Bullock was a 70th percentile defender in isolation situations and against the pick and roll ball handler last year. He looks to be elite at contesting shots on the perimeter (opponents shoot 6.4% worse against him outside of 15 ft...only 31.5%) but down low they shoot 11% better against him (I am thinking mostly on drives because his post up D is like 56th percentile).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
[Image: E70n5NOWEAQATHt?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Tyler
Like Reply