Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Is Hurt| DLive's Mom Passes Away| Luka is your WCF MVP!
(05-18-2024, 02:17 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: An entertaining way to spend 20 minutes of your life.

https://youtu.be/s4j2YwYuRO4?feature=shared

That is amazing...
Like Reply
Therapeutic exercise:

1) Consider your moods and opinions about this team prior to the trade deadline when the play-in looked inevitable.
2) Compare and contrast that with how you feel as you let it wash over you that this team will be one of the last four standing in this league.
3) Enjoy.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth, From Dirk to Luka, michaeltex, SleepingHero
Like Reply
@noahweber00
I asked Derrick Jones Jr. about how the Mavs have grown and spent time together off the court:

“We go over to each other’s houses, we chill, kickback, eat food, pretty much what normal friends do. We go bowling, go out, just chill, go to movies..We just enjoy spending time with each other.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Lukedoncic, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://x.com/KanePitman/status/1792036241157849352

Kane Pitman (@KanePitman)
Josh Green and Luka Doncic just now.

Luka: "ESPN Australia!"
Green: "Luka is coming to Australia this offseason..."
Luka: "No there's too many spiders..."
Green: "I've seen none of Slovenia..probably a reason for that..."
Luka: "We have no spiders..."

It continued....

Luka is absolutely hilarious man
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Luka Doncic on what makes this Mavericks team resilient: “I think we just stick together. We always talk on the bench, stay together [and have] positive energy. Today, it was a pure example of it.”
Like Reply
https://x.com/cjzero/status/1792030031276904648

CJ Fogler account may or may not be notable (@cjzero)
Luka and Kyrie's reaction to the question about ESPN giving the Mavs a "D" grade on the Kyrie trade

Can't believe a reporter actually had the balls to ask this but what a hilarious moment

I love Kyrie: "Went from starting an all-star game to being a shit player"
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
https://x.com/noahweber00/status/1792032986499543044

Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving on what they mean to each other:

Doncic: “Big time man when he came...Nothing but supportive of everything I did, everything he did. Just helped me mature a lot, realize to see the game in a different way, and obviously on the court it’s amazing to play with a guy like him. Like I said go out there and enjoy.…The leader he’s been for us, not just for me but for us, he’s been amazing…”

Irving: “I just think this guy next to me has pushed me to continue to work on my game and continue to develop as a young leader and I think the big word we can both agree on is maturity. Coming into Dallas, I was dealing with a lot, mentally, spiritually, emotionally and they embraced me with open arms…I knew eventually that I would get (Luka) to open up, this guy’s a big teddy bear at times off the court, big competitor. A teddy bear who likes to compete. He’s still ducking me in dominoes…I just have to sit back and marvel at his talent…I enjoy watching him be a father, I enjoy watching him develop as a person first, and then the basketball stuff will take care of it…Good human being, good young man.”
[-] The following 6 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, Lukedoncic, michaeltex, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
So for whoever is saying bring back Dinwiddie on the minimum:

Dinwiddie on signing with Lakers over Mavs: "The two situations kinda felt like this, right? Let's say you were a kid, and you got your ass whooped by the bully. Dallas would've been like your momma being like, 'It's OK, baby. Don't worry about it.' Lakers are like your dad: 'Nah, you better go out there and fight till you win.'

Never forget. Patrick Dumont have some self-respect and pride.  Don´t be a Cuckban. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Nice article on all the options for being back DJJ

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2024/5/20/...k-jones-jr
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1792588392196157461

@Mavs_FFL
Dirk told Luka to stop complaining to the refs. Yelled at him like a father. I love this man
Like Reply
https://x.com/dallasmavs/status/1792623219360297435
@dallasmavs
Last one standing from the All-Rookie teams

More to come from D-Live in the WCF
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-20-2024, 01:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://x.com/dallasmavs/status/1792623219360297435
@dallasmavs
Last one standing from the All-Rookie teams

More to come from D-Live in the WCF

Lively lost a little buzz with his injury and what he was dealing off the court.  He also started coming off the bench.  Although we have seen how important he has been these playoffs.  Besides Wemby, I may not take him over anyone else in this rookie class for this team.    Chet would be really difficult discussion though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Dirk!

https://x.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1792588392196157461
Like Reply
(05-20-2024, 02:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Lively lost a little buzz with his injury and what he was dealing off the court.  He also started coming off the bench.  Although we have seen how important he has been these playoffs.  Besides Wemby, I may not take him over anyone else in this rookie class for this team.    Chet would be really difficult discussion though.

Lively and to a lesser degree Chet are really unlucky. Will most likely play their entire careers in the shadow of Wemby. Meaning that even though they are showing legit all-defense or DPOY potential they will probably miss out on individual accolades.
Just looking at the last 10 draft classes I would pick Lively as the best big in at least 3-4 of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(05-20-2024, 02:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lively and to a lesser degree Chet are really unlucky. Will most likely play their entire careers in the shadow of Wemby. Meaning that even though they are showing legit all-defense or DPOY potential they will probably miss out on individual accolades.
Just looking at the last 10 draft classes I would pick Lively as the best big in at least 3-4 of them.

Maybe. If form holds, based on passed NBA players at his height, time is ticking on how long Wemby's body holds up and allows him to play.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Lukedoncic, SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
(05-20-2024, 02:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lively and to a lesser degree Chet are really unlucky. Will most likely play their entire careers in the shadow of Wemby. Meaning that even though they are showing legit all-defense or DPOY potential they will probably miss out on individual accolades.

The only thing going against Wemby is health. Typically guys his size (and there aren't many) cannot move like he can. And those that did had a pretty short career injury wise.

I hope that isn't the case whatsoever. But one has to imagine a couple of years that doesn't go Wemby's way.
Like Reply
(05-20-2024, 03:02 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Maybe. If form holds, based on passed NBA players at his height, time is ticking on how long Wemby's body holds up and allows him to play.

Greg Oden
Like Reply
(05-20-2024, 03:02 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Maybe. If form holds, based on passed NBA players at his height, time is ticking on how long Wemby's body holds up and allows him to play.

Ralph Sampson
Like Reply
[Image: GOCuydcWsAA52J1?format=jpg&name=large]

DLive calls out ESPN and NBA media in general for being left off All Rookie 1st team.
Like Reply
(05-20-2024, 05:06 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: GOCuydcWsAA52J1?format=jpg&name=large]

DLive calls out ESPN and NBA media in general for being left off All Rookie 1st team.

Did he think he was going to make it over Chet or Wembanyama? I don't think they can put 3 centers on the first team unless I'm mistaken. In most other years, he would have been first team. He's going to be a great player.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply