Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRELUDE 1: DAL 112 (1-0) @ MIL 102 (0-1)
came for the starters, stayed for Nate Hinton
Like Reply
I haven't been that excited about the bench and rookies for a long time. Glad that NBA is going for 15 players active. Give us a chance to see T.Bey and Nate Hinton get some action.
Like Reply
Bey with a block to close the game. These rookies all look good except Terry.
Like Reply
That was fun.  Let's run it back.
Like Reply
We still got a Unicorn in the stable...

Rookies were fun to watch.  

Brunson and Burke won the game.  They ate the Bucks starters up in the 3rd.
Like Reply
Sadly I hope they understand the team they are on...
If Luka was a rookie with these guys it would be incredible to watch them grow, but Luka wants to go places NOW that they rookies are just not ready to be.

Did anyone else hear the mention regarding Courtney Lee???
Like Reply
Biggest surprise for me was Hinton and Iwundu can actually bring the ball up. Did not expect that
Like Reply
Very pleased with Hinton, Richardson, Maxi, Brunson, Burke, Bobi, and Johnson.
Pleased with Luka (after he shook off rust), Green, Bey, and sorta Iwundu.
Meh - THJ, DFS, WCS, Patterson, Gillespie.
Bleh - Terry and Powell.

Is it just me, or is Hinton the super-version of rookie DFS?
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 10:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Bleh - Terry

Really? I think he will be solid. 

AND I thought you were enamored with him?
Like Reply
Brunson & Burke and associates - 5 stars
We need to clear max cap to sign Hinton
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 10:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 10:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Bleh - Terry

Really? I think he will be solid.

I am. With great power comes great responsibility.

Figured he was going to be a misfit toy with all of the defensive masters around him. They'll have to find ways to hide him on D when he comes on, and he'd better get used to doing those JJB charge-draws to stay on the court. And he can't miss from 3 and makes turnovers.
Like Reply
I can see why they needed JJB's roster spot.
Like Reply
Hinton

8 pts on 50/50/100 shooting.
8 rebs
4 asts

in 15 minutes.

Besides his bulldog defense he actually ran the offense well, played some good passes and had a strong finish in traffic. Reminds me of Darrell Armstrong.

Bey with some nice defense. A good floater and jumper. We forget the other attempts that followed. Green made a lot of good decisions with the ball, seems NBA level quick, but his finishing at the rim worries me a bit. Hesitant and no great touch. Terry will come around. Think he´ll benefit from playing with better players that can create more space for him.

The bench was as great as the starters were eh.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 10:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Very pleased with Hinton, Richardson, Maxi, Brunson, Burke, Bobi, and Johnson.
Pleased with Luka (after he shook off rust), Green, Bey, and sorta Iwundu.
Meh - THJ, DFS, WCS, Patterson, Gillespie.
Bleh - Terry and Powell.

Is it just me, or is Hinton the super-version of rookie DFS?

I was thinking Green was like a super version of DFS but hey we can have more than 1! I think this year Green is going to get some steady minutes sooner or later off the bench. Hinton might not see much action but I am liking what I am seeing for sure.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 10:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Really? I think he will be solid. 

just game 1 reactions
Like Reply

If I take a guess, it is different expectation.
It looked like a bad game for him. 
Liked his defense, considering what I expected.
But on offense, he was just not there. 
Didn't look even interested, didn't look to have a clue of what to do with the ball and almost like he wanted no business of it. 
Obviously first game against professionals, so no judgement there. But it seems he is the kind of guy who will benefit from playing beside a better players and just be a catch and shoot guy.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 10:21 PM)Hypermav Wrote: We still got a Unicorn in the stable...

Rookies were fun to watch.  

Brunson and Burke won the game.  They ate the Bucks starters up in the 3rd.
Kleber/WCS worked really well as a defensive combo. WCS was +13 in nine minutes.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 10:28 PM)khaled1987 Wrote:

If I take a guess, it is different expectation.
It looked like a bad game for him.
Liked his defense, considering what I expected.
But on offense, he was just not there.
Didn't look even interested, didn't look to have a clue of what to do with the ball and almost like he wanted no business of it.
Obviously first game against professionals, so no judgement there. But it seems he is the kind of guy who will benefit from playing beside a better players and just be a catch and shoot guy.

He definitely could have benefited from summer league.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 10:22 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Biggest surprise for me was Hinton and Iwundu can actually bring the ball up. Did not expect that

This. Iwundu was actually directing teammates where to go, making the decisions where to initiate the ball. And Hinton had some great assists, it seem like he was guiding the 3rd squad instead of Terry.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 10:27 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Green made a lot of good decisions with the ball, seems NBA level quick, but his finishing at the rim worries me a bit.

Green was AWFUL in college finishing at the rim when it was contested. It was the major reason I dropped him from my "draft list." It is a huge problem, but if he overcomes it I think he is easily a solid NBA player....was SO smart off the ball on offense, shocked me.
Like Reply