Poll: What will be the series result?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LAC wins 4-0
0%
0 0%
LAC wins 4-1
1.79%
1 1.79%
LAC wins 4-2
16.07%
9 16.07%
LAC wins 4-3
7.14%
4 7.14%
DAL wins 4-3
30.36%
17 30.36%
DAL wins 4-2
35.71%
20 35.71%
DAL wins 4-1
1.79%
1 1.79%
DAL wins 4-0
7.14%
4 7.14%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 1: #4 LAC (4-3) vs #5 DAL (3-4)
(05-26-2021, 09:54 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/13...9970098180

That old feeling of Dallas struggling so badly to hold a late lead is wearing off fast. Luka is finding the right guys and they're all coming up big. It's really fun to watch.
Like Reply
Is Luka going to yell at Pat Bev the whole series?
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 10:41 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Is Luka going to yell at Pat Bev the whole series?

Feels like he's on the verge of yelling him into retirement.
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 10:47 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Feels like he's on the verge of yelling him into retirement.

Pat Bev must have said something to annoy Luka at some point.

Luka looks for Pat. Gets him switched on to him intentionally. Dribbles through hiim to the baseket, like me dribbling over or through my 6 year old son. Scores. And then yells at him all the way down the court.

Never seen anything like it. 

How many NBA players who have had to listen to Pat Bev talk during the game are bouncing up and down laughing on their couch watching Pat Bev get paid back for his years of talk?
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 10:50 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Pat Bev must have said something to annoy Luka at some point.

Luka looks for Pat. Gets him switched on to him intentionally. Dribbles through hiim to the baseket, like me dribbling over or through my year old son. Scores. And then yells at him all the way down the court.

How many NBA players who have had to listen to Pat Bev talk during the game are bouncing up and down laughing on their couch watching Pat Bev get paid back for his years of talk?

Maybe Bev slept with his mom.
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 10:54 AM)embellisher Wrote: Maybe Bev slept with his mom.

LOL, I didn't mean to like that!
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 10:50 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Pat Bev must have said something to annoy Luka at some point.

Luka looks for Pat. Gets him switched on to him intentionally. Dribbles through hiim to the baseket, like me dribbling over or through my 6 year old son. Scores. And then yells at him all the way down the court.

A friend of mine offered an interesting perspective. Luka was a playoff rookie last season. He came in and mostly observed the behaviour. Lesson he learned - you can trash talk all you want and be buddy-buddy after the game. So here he is, implementing that to full extent Smile
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 10:41 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Is Luka going to yell at Pat Bev the whole series?

I hope so. He's talking so much trash and I love it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 10:54 AM)embellisher Wrote: Pat Bev must have said something to annoy Luka at some point.

Do you not remember how much trash Beverley and the rest of the Clippers' bench was talking non-stop during the bubble? Beverley wasn't even playing, and he still managed to be supremely annoying.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDN7DxLf6-8

"Too FUCKING small"

"He cannot guard me" 

Barking at him all the way down the court. Luka backing it up and making sure Pat Bev knows it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 12:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDN7DxLf6-8

"Too FUCKING small"

"He cannot guard me" 

Barking at him all the way down the court. Luka backing it up and making sure Pat Bev knows it.

On the second clip where Beverly tries to run away from Luka it sounds like he yelled "you don't want me"

He knows every Clipper defender is just hoping someone else has to guard him.  To say they're on their heels would be an understatement.  

I think Luka's comfort level combined with the fact every defender they've thrown at him is failing will lead to Lue making the adjustment a lot of Clips fans have been calling for.  They are going to throw Terrence Mann at him and tell him you've got 6 fouls go full tilt, fight through every screen and try to be Dillon Brooks.

I've got full confidence Luka will figure him out too and if they go that route it will unlock even more looks for "the others" especially KP.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1OgwEzL_VQ
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 12:54 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: On the second clip where Beverly tries to run away from Luka it sounds like he yelled "you don't want me"

That's exactly what he says. I can hear it now, thanks for the tip.
Like Reply

I mean even after last year series ended, Pat Bev called out Luka during Denver series. Said he and Jokic represented flailing. 
Was 1st time to know that word existed tbqh.
Like Reply
I don't know why they play PatBev with Luka out there. They have other options. PatBev is like a gentle breeze in the air that Luka barely notices on his way to the basket.
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 12:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Do you not remember how much trash Beverley and the rest of the Clippers' bench was talking non-stop during the bubble? Beverley wasn't even playing, and he still managed to be supremely annoying.

Ya and the TV camera were on him and Trez yelling all game. I don't know exactly why the networks thought we needed so much bench yelling but that's what we got. I like that this year PatBev has to play (not injured) to show what a little bitch he is and how he can't bother Luka at all.
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 02:42 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Ya and the TV camera were on him and Trez yelling all game. I don't know exactly why the networks thought we needed so much bench yelling but that's what we got.

OMG, the image of Beverley, in street clothes, nonchalantly leaning on the ledge separating the bubble benches from the court while he hurled constant ridicule at our Mavs will forever be burned in my memory. I loathe him.
Like Reply
I'm beginning to believe Doe Doe's "Oh yeah, well we tanked to get them. We wanted them" might have been literal and not just gamesmanship
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 02:47 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I'm beginning to believe Doe Doe's "Oh yeah, well we tanked to get them. We wanted them" might have been literal and not just gamesmanship

Yeah, I don't know if he was being literal or not, but I will say that this team is starting to remind me of those early Nash/Dirk teams who didn't seem overly concerned that they weren't quite ready to win and decided to go ahead and win anyway.
Like Reply
(05-26-2021, 02:47 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I'm beginning to believe Doe Doe's "Oh yeah, well we tanked to get them. We wanted them" might have been literal and not just gamesmanship

Dorian is a lot better at basketball than he is at math.  Thank goodness.
Like Reply