Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 game segment at 60/new playoff run projections
To make the playoffs, we would really benefit from a quick start. The West will be too tough to fall say 4 games under 500 early and try to get to 48 wins from there. Many say it will take us time to get everything together. That may well be true. But... a slow start will do grave damage to our fairly unrealistic chance of making the playoffs.

However, if you measure our chances by how big an opportunity so many of our players have to really dramatically improve their status in the league, I believe there is hope for enough of our guys to surprise early, which could result is say a 12-8 start for the first 20 games. 

It does not matter who we play because every 10 game stretch this year will include plenty of difficult teams. We will have to consistently hold our own  against the majority of teams to get to 48 wins. I and others think 48 is what it will take to qualify. That is plus 14 so getting to plus 4 in the first 20 is essential. Another way to track this is that our last 10 game record will need to be about 6-4 all season long with no big losing streaks. Any losing streaks will require somewhat bigger winning streaks to compensate. 

As I watch eagerly for so many things about this team, always looking for progress, I will be hoping that this team can rise up and surprise. The pace toward 48 will be my measuring stick.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
10 game segment at 60/new playoff run projections - by Reunion Mav Old - 10-16-2019, 03:30 PM