Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break?
(01-31-2021, 01:11 AM)cow Wrote: It's a good point and something else to point out.  It really feels like Carlisle has no input on the draft at times or player acquisitions and sometimes it does.  Bey seems like a Carlisle type of player like Brunson, but is getting no run, even when we are down 4 players.  I really wish MBT and Carlisle were in lockstep.

It´s possible Bey/Terry suck and would never develop, even under different circumstances. Then the question needs to be raised whether the MBT/Scouting staff are good enough at their job.

But there are so many different layers to this, but let´s assume for a second that our assessment of Carlisle being extra tough on rookies and always leaning toward veterans is true, then the logical conclusion is that it only makes drafting harder, because the information gets skewed:

1. The raw young draft talent with major upside will always try to avoid getting drafted by the Mavs. Therefore manipulating their workouts/interviews negatively to decrease their chances to be selected by us.

2. The college veterans, who are not in high demand, will always come hard for the Mavs workouts, because they know we are one of their best chances to be selected at all. They are also generally more mature, because well they have 3-4 additional years of life experience.

Maybe that partially helps to explain our poor draft evalution.

If you were a talented rookie, would Dallas be one of your preferred destinations to get the necessary developmental minutes on the floor? Confused

I guess all I´m saying is:: If you have a great reputation for young player development around the agents, that means the agents will be comfortable to tell their clients to go all out during the draft process. That means these teams will get much more perfect (honest) information about the draft talent pool than a franchise with a bad reputation.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break? - by Mavs2019 - 01-31-2021, 01:31 AM