Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
38.89%
7 38.89%
Jazz
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (8-10) @ UTA (14-4) | 104-116 loss
(01-28-2021, 09:39 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Wow.  What a putrid game.  After a very short time I started watching the mavs players like a hawk...positioning, the flow of the game.  What were they doing?  Nothing!  Lot of standing around.  Lack of effort.  When the dribble was picked up (and it was picked up a lot!) nobody came to help.  When the ball penetrated nobody cut to to the basket!...or moved to an open lane...thus the ball handler (who picked up the dribble!) would be left on an island.  Luka looked discouraged.  He also looked like..."...if nobody is coming to help I'll just do it myself--but I'm getting tired of this...!"  When there was some actual ball movement it was like a hot potato with nobody wanting to shoot an open shot (and no cutting to the basket!)  Of course, they weren't hitting open shots, so I guess it didn't matter much. One particular sequence would be the pass to an open player in the corner:  hesitation!...then dribble toward the basket into a snake's den of defense.  And no snake catcher comes to help.
A sadly accurate description.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 18: DAL (8-10) @ UTA (13-4) | 104-116 loss - by mavsluvr - 01-28-2021, 11:40 AM