Poll: Who is the better player RIGHT NOW?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harrison Barnes
52.17%
12 52.17%
Justin Jackson
47.83%
11 47.83%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Barnes vs. Justin Jackson
I agree with bin610 that Jackson is a better fit for the current Mavs team. In his time here Barnes was too often either a ball stopper or someone we'd kick it to at the end of a broken play or bad possession for an iso-score. He was decent at the PnR but anytime the Mavs would run more of a motion offense I think his limitations as a player became a little more apparent. It was unfortunate how the trade came through in the middle of a game but I think it's a no brainer that you make that move both to get off the salary and to bring in a guy with potentially higher upside in Jackson. The kid is lined up to have a great year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score more over the course of this season than Barnes I definitely think he'll surpass him in the number of threes he'll knock down (which is clearly a priority of Rick's based on last nights game against the Thunder). He's attempted to bulk up a bit this offseason, and while he's going to struggle at times defensively his length should enable him to pry the ball away here and there and get out into transition. He mentioned in a recent interview how the coaching staff is trying to get him to be more aggressive so hopefully that bears out. Ultimately I'd say Jackson's skill-set is most certainly what you are looking for in a player in today's NBA.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Harrison Barnes vs. Justin Jackson - by Kammrath - 10-09-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Harrison Barnes vs. Justin Jackson - by Luka_Magic - 10-09-2019, 11:55 AM
RE: Harrison Barnes vs. Justin Jackson - by Jym - 10-09-2019, 02:15 PM