Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of center play in the NBA
(12-22-2022, 05:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Interesting. So are you saying you'd be interested to give it a go, if the price was right?

@"dirkfansince1998" your description of Ayton comes dangerously close to the complaints about Wood, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Would argue that Wood isn´t nearly as good of an iso defender. I was really impressed with Ayton´s ability to stay in front of Luka. Honestly thought that he was doing a better job than Crowder or Bridges.
But looking at the big picture that´s not the worst comparisation. On paper they have all the athletic tools to have legit two-way impact. But it´s not really translating to on court impact because they are missing the fundamentals/intangible part.

Is it worth a gamble because the Mavs hope that Wood can develop that part of the game? I guess that is what they are trying right now. What Kidd has been telling us. From my understanding that is what all the talk about playing on a good team and making winning plays is about. But I have my doubts if Dallas has the right structure in place to successfully "transform" a player like this.

Still want to believe. And just going with my eyetest I have seen less glaring mental lapses in the last couple of games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The future of center play in the NBA - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-22-2022, 06:30 PM